Best of Pompeii and Herculaneum with an Expert Archaeologist
Both these legendary cities were buried by the same eruption of 79 AD.
In this half-day tour you will understand that there are many differences between Pompeii and Herculaneum.
We will start to see the most important public buildings that the archaeologists found in Pompeii.
In Herculaneum, we will instead investigate the private buildings.
We'll also explain the differences of the eruption that buried the two cities and that permits to see in Pompeii the plaster casts and in Herculaneum the carbonized wood of two thousand years ago.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local Expert Archaeologist as your private guide
What's excluded :
- Tickets (29 euros per person, free under 18 years old showing an ID card or a passport).
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
About 2 hours in Pompeii where we will see some of the Public Buildings (Theaters, Thermal Baths, Forum and its surroundings) and the Lupanare (the famous brothel).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
At Herculaneum we will see the private houses and the shops (Bakery, Thermopolium) decorated with beautiful frescos, mosaics and stucco decorations.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore, 10/13, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Return Detail :Herculaneum Ruins, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.