Best of Riga Walking Tour - Highlights and Hidden Gems
Experience the best that Riga can offer on this cultural and food tasting tour! Explore and discover Old Riga, Art Nouveau and Central Market - three "must see" districts in Riga during one tour. Together with a lovely local guide you will be able to immerse in the local culture, try real Latvian food, learn more about history and rich cultural heritage of Latvia, explore the best sights and enjoy stories about what makes Riga so unique and special. It will be a small-group tour where each tourist would be treated like a dear guest. You will be very warmly welcomed!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Local and professional guide
- Small-group tour (maximum 10 participants)
- Hotel/port pickup (for private tours / from hotels or port within the walking distance of Old Town)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks in Riga Central Market (2-5 EUR)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Art Nouveau Riga, Strelnieku iela 9, Riga 1010 Latvia
We will start our tour with the remarkable Art-Nouveau district - a real treasure for those who enjoy beauty of the architecture. Here you can find stunning buildings, great restaurants, beautiful parks and see a real life of Rigans. Our lovely guide will walk you through city center and explain you more about the meaning of symbols hidden behind the beautiful facades, and introduce you with some of the most remarkable Art-Nouveau masterpieces.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Old City Riga (Vecriga), Kungu Iela 3 Riga, Riga 1050 Latvia
After a short break we will set for the Old Riga where you will be able to learn more about the fascinating history of the city and see all the most beautiful landmarks including Three Brothers, House of Blackheads, St. Peters' Church and many others. Here you will hear interesting stories about famous Rigans, fate of the beautiful, centuries old buildings, and more about Latvian culture which is one of the oldest living cultures in Europe.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Central Market (Centraltirgus), Negu iela 7, Riga 1050 Latvia
We will finish the tour with walk and trying typical local food in Riga Central Market, also UNESCO Heritage site and the largest food market in Europe. Here you will be able to try 4-6 samples of traditional foods, meet some of the local producers and after the tour do some shopping in the most authentic shopping place in Riga.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Vecpilsētas iela 12, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick participants for private tours only from hotels or locations within max. 20-minute walking distance of Old Riga. We can also arrange private transfers for additional price if the distance is longer.Ports
- Riga Passenger Terminal
Return Detail :Riga Central Market, Nēģu iela 7, Latgales priekšpilsēta, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suitable as a shore excursion in Riga.
- The walking distance for this tour is approximately 8 km, it is 4 hours long and includes walking on cobble-stoned streets. Before you book this experience please make sure that you are capable of doing this tour without causing danger to your health or wellbeing. If you have walking difficulties or a stroller, please inform us about that before the tour. In this case we also sincerely suggest you to book a private tour option that can also be shortened according to your preferences.
- There is a a break in the middle of the tour for refreshments and wc.
- Minimum numbers apply (for public tours). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the rare event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We do not allow groups of more than 5 to join our public tours. If your group is 6 or more, please book a private tour option.
- For private tours we offer pick up from a centrally located place within a walking distance (20 min.) of Riga Old Town. Private tour option can be altered according to your preferred walking distance and tour length.
- Although we try to adjust the tour to the weather conditions, please dress appropriately: in winter please wear thermo clothing, winter boots, hat and warm gloves; take an umbrella if it rains; wear comfortable shoes; sunscreen and head cover during the summer. Do not spoil your experience with being cold :)
- In extreme weather (less than -15C, more than +33C, heavy rain or wind) the tour might be shortened or cancelled. In this case full refund will be arranged. Please note that such weather conditions in Riga are extremely rare.
- Not recommended for people with walking difficulties
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Our public tours are carried out in small groups (maximum 8 - 10 people, but usually there is less than than), as well as the social distancing between participants is encouraged.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.