Best of Rome in One Day: Colosseum, Vatican, Squares with Transfers and Lunch
This is the ideal tour for “hit and quit” visitors that are willing to cover all of the main highlights and attractions of Rome in one day. The tour includes pick-up from your accommodation, transfers between destinations in comfortable air conditioned vehicle, priority entrance with VIP "skip the line" tickets in both Colosseum and Vatican and a traditional 2 course meal in one of our favourite Roman restaurants!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - 2-course lunch
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small group tour (Max. 10 people)
- Bottled water
- Skip the line admission tickets for all attractions
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Vatican City
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, you will start by visiting the world’s largest amphitheatre with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights, and show you the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build such an imposing structure ahead of its time.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of Ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while walking by the ruins of ancient temples and Roman mausoleums.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
From the Roman Forum, a driver with air conditioned vehicle will pick you up and take you way across town to explore the world renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. You’re sure to be dazzled by the masterpieces of great artists like Michelangelo with his world-renowned ceiling, “Last Judgment” and Pieta, and Gian Lorenzo Bernini with his twirling bronze baldachin, tomb of Alexander VII, and the many other gorgeous embellishments with which he adorned the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica. During the whole visit, your guide will fill you in on the historic, religious and artistic significance of the works and structures, as well as, the stories of the artists themselves.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
At the end of the Vatican tour, the guide will take you to a typical Italian “Trattoria” restaurant to taste some of the most delicious Roman dishes. After recharging batteries at lunch, you will drive to Navona square where the last section of the tour begins. You will explore one of the most iconic and beautiful squares of Rome. The highlights are: Bernini's fountain of the 4 rivers and Sant'Agnese in Agone church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
The largest and most famous Baroque fountain in Rome. It’s situated at the end of the Aqua Virgo, a Roman aqueduct constructed in 19 BC by Agrippa. As you get nearer the sound of its gushing waters grows constantly more intense, reaching an incredible effect of crescendo in the square. Remember to throw a coin in the fountain, this means you will come back to Rome!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup service from all accommodation facilities located in the city center. Hotels, B&B's and apartments. Please include, in your reservation, the accommodation name and address.
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 15-20 minutes to clear security.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.