Best of Vatican City Complete Full-day Skip-the Line Guided Tour
Skip the line and join to an extended your of the Vatican to see not only the highlights but much more besides. Most of the tours take you to see the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Maps, the Gallery of Candelabra with it famous sculpture of Lacoon and Sons and the splendid Raphael’s Rooms. On this tour you will see all of these but amongst the amazing artwork and sculptures you will also on this tour see many things you never knew existed. The tour includes hotel pick up.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local taxes
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Cortile della Pigna
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
With over nine miles of galleries it is difficult to gain a real appreciation of all the treasures that the Vatican has to offer. In the company of a very knowledgeable English-speaking guide we will ensure you see the highlights but also get to see some of the wonderful artwork that is generally overlooked.
One of the stops on this extended tour is however the Borgia Apartments. In the 15th century these rooms were where the Spanish cardinal Rodrigo Borgia, Pope Alexander VI and his family lived. You will be shown some exceptional family portraits and be told something of the history behind the paintings’ religious content. This papal family has become infamous over the centuries; there are many stories and secrets to be told about the Pope and his beautiful daughter Lucretia and son Cesare.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cortile della Pigna, Vatican City Italy
The famous Fountain of the Pine is located in the Courtyard of the Pine. Designed by genius architect Bramante, it is one of the few Ancient Roman fountains that survives to this day.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The real highlight of any Vatican tour is of course the Sistine Chapel. There is no talking allowed inside so before you enter your guide will give you a comprehensive insight into all you will see once you enter. There are the magnificent ceiling frescoes which took Michelangelo over eight years to paint as well as other wonderful frescoes that adorn the chapel walls painted by Botticelli and other Renaissance artists. You will fall in love with this magnificent chapel
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
.On the next leg of the tour you exit the museums and enter the splendid Basilica of Saint Peter. This is the leading Catholic Church in the world and known the world over for its sheer size and architectural beauty. Built over the tomb of Saint Peter it took 120 years to complete and many of the greatest Renaissance artisans of that period were involved in the construction and decoration. Here you will see another of Michelangelo’s masterpieces, his “Pietà”, Bernini spectacular altarpiece and the Chair of Saint Peter, just to nane a few of the many treasures that are to be seen in this marvellous church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your tour will end in Saint Peter's Square next to the taxi rank and bus station.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave the hotel name
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.