Best Organic Wineries Tour Plus Local Lunch from Barcelona
Discover the beautiful countryside of Catalonia on a captivating wine tour where we take you through the vineyards in Penedes, a region widely acknowledged to be home to the most modern and innovative of Spanish growers.
We will explore three of the most important family-owned wineries in the country and learn about the complex process of making Wine and Cava (Catalan Champagne). At each cellar, a wine expert will explain their individual unique processes and educate us on how to recognize their different varieties and we’ll get the privilege of tasting wines and cavas in each. In addition to the wineries, we will stop at lunchtime to have a three-course meal in a local restaurant - on us!
This small group tour ensures a remarkable personalized experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- The Tour, the Guide and the Transport are exclusively and only for a group up to 15 people.
- Three winery visits with private tastings included.
- Inmerse yourself in the exclusive world of Wine and Cava.
- Delicious three-course lunch in a renowned local restaurant plus a glass of Cava (Catalan Champagne)
- Explore vineyards that have been around for more than 2000 years.
- Small group to ensure a personalized experience.
- Friendly, professional and native licensed guide.
- Comfortable transport FROM/TO the meeting point (Central Barcelona)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sant Cugat Sesgarrigues, Sant Cugat Sesgarrigues, Catalonia
From central Barcelona, travel to the Penedes region, which is less than an hour away. This has long been considered one of the country's best wine-producing regions and it is one of the most ancient viticultural areas in Europe. The Penedes region has been producing wine since the Roman times and nowadays sells more than 380 million bottles from more than a hundred wineries.
First, go to a winery with signature wines on a property of 40 acres of organic farm. Feel the influence of the essence of the Mediterranean. In fact, it was a mutatio (resting area) in the Roman times, part of the Via Augusta. From the beginning of the 1300s until today it has been in the hands of the same family.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, Catalonia
Continue the tour and visit the first winery in the Penedes that produced ecological wine for the Danish market. From the beginning of the 1900s, the same family has been running the company, utilizing 100 percent of their fields for ecological production using 15 different varieties of grapes.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vilafranca del Penedes, Vilafranca del Penedes, Catalonia
Take a break and head to a local restaurant for a marvelous three-course meal. Take pleasure in the exclusive gastronomy of the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sant Marti Sarroca, Sant Marti Sarroca, Catalonia
Finally, visit a winery known for its high-quality products. This winery, boasting ecological agriculture with beautiful views of Montserrat mountain, has some of the oldest vines around.
The tour ends here then take your return transportation back to central Barcelona where the tour started.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, 19, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough bookings to meet requirements (2 person minimum per tour). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We comply with all Covid 19 safety protocols for tourist agency operation in Barcelona
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.