Best Tacos After Dark Food Walking Tour in Puerto Vallarta
The sheer amount of restaurants, street food and taco stands in Puerto Vallarta can be overwhelming. Let a guide choose for you on this nighttime food tour of the best the city has to offer—from fresh fish tacos to steaming hot churros. And the end of the tour, receive a colorful shopping bag, photos of the evening, and recommendations for the rest of your stay.
Sample some of Old Town Puerto Vallarta's best street food during this 3.5-hour walking tour. In the company of a "foodie" guide and a small group, find out where the locals eat after dark. Taste traditional fish tacos, tacos 'al pastor' (marinated grilled pork), tacos 'de cabeza' (beef cheek), and quesadillas. You'll also meet a master 'churro' maker and snack on the warm fritters dusted with cinnamon sugar. Numbers are limited to ensure you get plenty of personal attention and insider's tips from your guide during this leisurely tour.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food and drink throughout the tour
- Engaging and knowledgeable Foodie Guide
- Colorful signature shopping bag
- Complimentary photos of your tour
- Map and assistance with the rest of your visit in Puerto Vallarta
- Please contact us as soon as you book this tour, to let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, we want to you have an amazing experience, and we need to be aware of it.
- No wheelchair accessible.
- Entry/Admission - Old Vallarta
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended 15%-20%
- Get yourself to the intersection of Centro Vallarta and Emiliano Zapata (the Romantic Zone) at 6:45pm, and make sure you have an empty stomach! Greet your professional "foodie" guide and the rest of your small group, and set off on foot to discover the luminous charm of an evening in Puerto Vallarta.
Your first stop is for authentic tacos de cabeza (beef cheeks simmered in a spicy chile broth). Served only in the evenings, these tacos are beloved by locals. Next, meet a local churros master. Cooked fresh to order, the crispy golden fritters are served hot and dusted with cinnamon sugar. Continue your tour by sampling a savory seafood chile relleno taco and a shrimp brochette before tasting tacos al pastor — thin shavings of spit-roasted pork, marinated with guajillo chiles and served on fresh tortillas. (Second helpings are encouraged.)
Finish your culinary walking tour with a crisp yet fluffy quesadilla, prepared with fresh local cheese and sautéed mushrooms; and, for dessert, a Michoacán-style fruit paleta (handmade popsicle). Before you bid your guide farewell at the last stop (around 10:30pm), get insider's tips on where to go and what to eat during the rest of your time in Puerto Vallarta; and be instructed how to return to your hotel by foot, public transit, or taxi.
Departure Point :Insurgentes 108, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Return Detail :La Michoacana, A, Calle Zaragoza 120, Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Tours go out rain or shine
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guests with mobility issues must contact operator at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.