Bethlehem and Jericho Tour From Jerusalem
Spend a day exploring the historic cities of Jericho and Bethlehem on this 8-hour tour from Jerusalem. Drive through the Judean Desert en route to Jericho. Enjoy the surrounding scenery as you head to Jericho, the oldest city in the world. After touring the city, you will head to Bethlehem, and view the shepherds' fields.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Nativity
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Get picked up at your central Jerusalem hotel and begin the trip toward Jericho, driving through the Judean Desert. Along the way you pass the Good Samaritan Inn before stopping at sea level to take in the magnificent scenery that surrounds you.
Arrive in Jericho – considered to be one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world – and admire the lush greenery that is in stark contrast to the dry desert you have passed through. Visit Zacchaeus’ sycamore fig, one of the city’s most famed attractions, before moving for an overview of the Mount of Temptation, where Jesus was tempted by the Devil. Your time in Jericho also includes a visit to Tel e-Sultan, an archaeological site that has uncovered more than 20 settlements dating back thousands of years.
Leaving Jericho behind, venture to Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus Christ and the childhood home of David. Your excursion takes you to the Church of the Nativity and Manger Square. Leaving the city, you observe the numerous shepherd fields that surround Bethlehem before making the journey back to Jerusalem.
Please note: Cable car passage up the Mount of Temptation is not included in the cost of this tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
9-9:30amOn Saturdays pickup is at 8:45-9:15 a.mDeparture Point: Jerusalem HotelDates: Mondays, Wednesdays and SaturdaysReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
- Palestinian guides meet the tour only after border crossing
- Border crossing to Bethlehem may include short unaccompanied walking portion
- Change of vehicle is required when entering Palestinian territory
- Passports are required.
- Note: cable car passage is not included in the cost of this tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.