Beyond The Velvet Rope - Behind the Scenes Tour
Indulge in a behind-the-scenes journey from grape to bottle and discover every facet of winemaking at Château Tanunda’s iconic Grand Estate. With privileged access to explore century-old vineyards, right on our doorstep, you will delve into the heart of the winery to experience firsthand the secrets behind our award-winning wines and Château Tanunda’s colourful history.
Hear the stories and detailed history behind the wines with our guide by your side and learn the importance of oak maturation while tasting wines directly from the barrel, where you will also be offered the chance to secure your exclusive allocation.
Conclude your immersion experience with an Old Vine Expressions tasting, comparing the impact of vine age on wine style, privately hosted in the newly renovated Cellar Door. Here you will also receive your personal signed copy of our history book – Winemakers since 1890.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Old Vine Expressions tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chateau Tanunda, 9 Basedow Rd, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
Go behind the scenes and discover the Chateau Tanunda winemaking facility, Barrel Halls, Grand Ballroom, Long Room and Estate Shiraz and Riesling vineyards.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Chateau Tanunda, Château Tanunda, 9 Basedow Rd, Tanunda SA 5352, Australia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not Suitable for Children
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We also implement a sign in/out sheet upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.