Bhutan Experience Tour
Day 1: Arrive in Paro
Fly into Paro via Druk Air or Bhutan Airlines the only two airlines in the country at present. If the weather cooperates, you might have spectacular views of the high peaks of the eastern Himalayas, including peaks in Bhutan such as Chomolhari, Jichu Drakye, and Tsering Kang. After visa formalities at the Paro airport, we drive to our hotel.
Night at 3 Star Property or you can choose
• Day2 on wards (3 nights 4 days Druk Path Trek)
Day 2: Paro-Jele Dzong (3,450 M)
The first day of trek is a gradual climb from Dopshari, Paro at 2300 m above the sea level till 3450 meters at Jele Dzong. Camp the night at Jele Dzong and if the weather favors you can see Paro valley with Mt. Jhomolhari (7314m) and snow capped mountains behind the valley.
Stay at Camp
Day 3: Jele Dzong- Tshokam (3,692 M)
The trek for today begins from Jele Dzong (3450 meters)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Bottled water Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Driver/guide Headsets to hear the guide clearly Local guide
- Royalty to the Government of USD 65 per person per night.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Day 4: Tshokam- Simkota (4040 M)
The trek that we are following will be a gradual descend till we reach Pangrithang which will take us a little more than an hour where we will reach by the river then there is some steep climbing through bushes for two hours, after sometime a good view will open up and we will reach Janetsho ( Lake)( 3956 M). It is usually occupied by yak herders. Again we climb a gentle slope for an hour and after another two hours of trek we will reach our camp site.
Camp at Simkota.
Walking Time: 6-7 hrs
Day 5: Simkota to Thimphu (2,340 M)
The trail is good but there are few minor climb to small passes before you finally look down to Phajoding monastery and Thimphu. After almost 2 -3 hours trek we will reach the highest pass which stands at an altitude of 4420m. There is good view over the last part of the trek: a steep descent to Phajoding monastery. From here the trails starts with the steep descending slowly through thick forest for another 2-3 hours until we reach the motor road .From here, drive down to Thimphu, passing the Thimphu Zoo, where some Takins (National Animal of Bhutan) can be seen. Then say good bye to trekking team and then drive to hotel.
Night stay at Thimphu
Day 6 Thimphu
After breakfast you will visit the King's Memorial Chorten (built in memory of the third King of Bhutan who reigned from 1952-1972), Changgangkha Monastery, and the zoo, which contains the national animal of Bhutan: the takin. From there you will visit the nunnery temple, the National Library (which houses ancient manuscripts), and the School of Arts and Crafts (also known as the painting school). After a relaxing lunch, you will visit the National Institute of Traditional Medicine, a traditional paper factory, the majestic Tashichodzong, and Semtokha Dzong (the oldest fortress in the kingdom). Return to Paro at evening
Night stay at Paro
Day 7: Paro (Taktsang Hiking)
Taking a steep, 1½-hour hike to a teahouse, where you can enjoy a great view of Taktsang Monastery (its name means "tiger's nest"), perched on a cliff 2,700 feet above the floor of the Paro Valley. The hike follows a steep switchback trail through the forest, and after a break with tea and cookies, you can continue to Taktsang Monastery which was destroyed by a fire in April 1998, but it is now completely rebuilt.In the afternoon, you will drive to Paro and to Drugyel Dzong (Bhutan Victory Fort), which was built in 1646 to commemorate Bhutan's victory over Tibetan invaders during the 1600s. In the evening you can visit a traditional farmhouse and, if you wish, enjoy a hot-stone bath and a typical Bhutanese dinner. Later in evening you can try a herbal stone bath, it could be
Overnight at, Paro .
Day 08: Departure from Paro International Airport
Our team will drop you till Airport and bid you fare well
Departure Point :Paro
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of ( January, February, June, July, August, and December). USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
- These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
- VISA FEE (one time) US $ 40 per person
- Note: The rates are regulated by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Hotel Pickup Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. ‘Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements’
- If we receive written notice of your cancellation 90 days or more before departure, the cancellation fee is 25% of the land cost. If we receive notice 89 to 60 days before departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of base Land Cost. If we receive notice of cancellation 59 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the total Land Cost.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.