Bhutan Short Tour - 4 Days
On our 'Bhutan Short Tour', we will be visiting popular Bhutanese landmarks in Paro and Thimphu. In Paro we visit Rinpung Dzong, national museum and Kichu Lhakhang, the oldest Bhutanese temple before hiking to the extraordinary Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery the next day. In Thimphu we tour some of its popular landmarks including the Memorial Chorten, nunnery Temple, Bhutanese traditional painting school, folk heritage museum and others. By the end of our 4-day short tour in Bhutan we will have been acquainted with the country's rich culture and landscape.
per adult from
What's included :
- 4x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Bhutanese visa fee
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- Government approved A and B category hotels on twin- shared basis
- All meals, tea and snacks
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle(s)
- English speaking, trained and experienced local guide and staff
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Company services and all required Bhutanese government taxes/royalties
What's excluded :
- Airfare for international flights to and from Bhutan
- Items of a personal nature (personal gear, telephone calls, beverages, internet, laundry, etc.)
- Extra night accommodation
- Trip cancellation and medical/evacuation insurance
- Tips for staff (guide and driver)
- Travel insurance
Day 1: Arrival and sightseeing in Paro (2,250m / 7,382ft)
Pass By: Paro Taktsang, Taktsang Trail BT, Paro Bhutan
As our flight nears Bhutan, we can enjoy amazing views of the Himalayas including the sacred Jumolhari and Jichu Drake peaks. At the airport, we will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier who will take us to our hotel. Today, we will visit Rinpung Dzong which was built in 1646 and now houses the district Monastic Body and government administrative offices of Paro Dzongkhag. We will also visit Kichu Lhakhang, the oldest temple in the country and Drugyal Dzong, built in 1646 to commemorate Bhutan's victory over Tibetan invaders during the 1600s.
Accommodation included: Overnight in Paro.
Day 2: Paro to Thimphu (2,320m/7,610ft): 54 km, 1 hour, hike to Taktsang Monastery
Pass By: Tashichho Dzong (Thimpu Dzong), Chhagchhen Lam, Thimphu Bhutan
After breakfast, we hike for 4 -5 hours to Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery, which is Bhutan's most famous monastery situated at 3,180 meters. Guru Rinpoche (spiritual master) is said to have flown on the back of a tigress to meditate in a cave where Taktsang Monastery now stands. Lunch will be served in the Cafeteria Restaurant, located about halfway up the mountain. After having explored the monastery, we hike down to the valley floor. This afternoon, we will drive to Thimphu, and spend the night.
Accommodation included: Overnight in Thimphu
Day 3: Sightseeing in Thimphu
Pass By: Thimphu Chorten (Memorial Chorten), Thimphu Bhutan
In the morning, we visit Memorial Chorten (built in memory of the third King of Bhutan who reigned from 1952-1972), nunnery temple, mini zoo to see Takin, the national animal of Bhutan. Today, we also visit other landmarks of Thimphu including the National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Bhutanese traditional painting school, folk heritage museum, the majestic Tashichho Dzong and the traditional paper factory. However, some of the landmarks are closed in the weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). Therefore, if we are in Thimphu during the weekends, we explore the Weekend Market instead.
Accommodation included: Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 4: Final Departure
Pass By: Druk Choeding, Paro Bhutan
Today we bid farewell to the tiny Himalayan Kingdom and her friendly people. After early breakfast, we leave Thimpu for Paro airport which will take us around 1 hour. Druk Air generally departs in the early morning to avoid adverse weather conditions. Therefore, after taking breakfast, we will be taken to the airport in the morning for final departure.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Bumthang - Ura Highway, Bumthang - Ura Hwy, Paro, Bhutan
Departure Time :12:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotels in Bhutan are approved and classified by the government as grade A, B and C. These government approved hotels are equivalent to 3-4 star hotels elsewhere. Based on availability at the time booking, A grade hotels will be provided in this trip. We use Tashi Namgay Resort in Paro and Hotel Namgay Heritage in Thimphu. All accommodations are on a twin-shared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost USD 210.
- Minimum of 2 weeks prior time for tour booking confirmation.
- Passport copy is required at the time of booking.
- As the trip also involves 4-5 hours of short day hike the minimum age requirement is 12 years old.
- Anyone who is above the minimum age requirement and physically fit (can walk up to 4-5 hours on both uphill and downhill terrain) can take the trip.
- Vegetarian meal is available. Please mention this during the time of booking.
- Minimum group size of 3 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.