Big Island Photo Tour: Waterfalls and Tropical Botanical Garden
This full-day photography tour offers an in-depth look at Big Island’s beauty and diversity. Known for having 8 out of 13 climate zones, Big Island has an abundance of breathtaking views that will delight creatives and adventurers alike! Throughout the day, your professional guide will share history, culture, smartphone and DSLR photography tips and techniques.
Drive on the scenic Saddle Road and marvel at the most massive mountains in the world. You will get the opportunity to photograph the black lava fields with the caps of these mountains covered in Hawaiian snow.
In the morning you will visit the famous Rainbow and the Akaka Falls while hiking through the rainforest. In addition, explore Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden, a spectacular nature preserve
After local style picnic lunch in the garden, We end this photo journey with the dramatic backdrop of lush and tall cliffs drop into the sparkling blue ocean next to the longest black sand beach in Hawaii at Waipio Valley Lookout.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Rain Jacket
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden
- Entry/Admission - Akaka Falls State Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saddle Road, Hawaii Highway 200, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
The morning begins with a spectacular drive on Saddle Road, a highway nestled between the world’s tallest sea mountain Mauna Kea and the world’s most massive mountain Mauna Loa. You will get the opportunity to photograph the black lava fields with the caps of these mountains covered in Hawaiian snow.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
A drive down to Hilo town will greet you with a burst of energy as the splendid waterfalls await - capture the famous Rainbow Falls while you hear the unrivaled power of water coursing down hundreds of feet
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden, 27-717 Old Mamalahoa Hwy, Papaikou, Island of Hawaii, HI 96781-7746
Continue to a garden nestled in a valley by the ocean – Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. This highly acclaimed garden allows you to take up-close shots of rare and exotic flora- over 1,800 species of tropical plants including orchids, banana groves & more in a tranquil setting, as well as a cascading waterfall.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Akaka Falls State Park, End of Akaka Falls Road Off Hwy 220, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96728
kaka Falls. This towering 442-foot (135-meter) waterfall plummets into a lush ravine at the center of a state park. You’ll enjoy a short walk through the vegetation for an up-close view and plenty of photo opportunities.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Waipio Valley Lookout, 45-690 Pakalana St, Honokaa, Island of Hawaii, HI 96727-6934
We end this photo journey with the dramatic backdrop of lush cliffs at Waipio Valley Lookout.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Starbucks at Queen's Market PlaceLongs Drugs at Keauhou Shopping CenterPine Tree Cafe
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.