Bike and Canoe Urban Adventure
This is a 6-hour small group guided tour that includes biking from Zagreb city center to famous Lake Jarun where you will get the chance to do some great canoeing and optional swimming. Discover the real Zagreb, its neighborhoods and most popular recreational areas. Bike back to the city after canoeing and relaxing in the nature while discovering more city attractions.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Equipment (bike, helmet, canoe, paddle, buoyancy aid)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- If you wish to discover more of Zagreb than just the city center, join us for an active tour to places where Zagreb citizens go for recreation and contact with nature.
The meeting point is at 10 am on Zagreb main square (Trg bana Josipa Jelacica 11) in front of the Tourist Information Center. Your guide will give you a short introduction to Zagreb history and culture and walk with you to our base which is in Petrinjska 51 street, around 5 minutes walking from the main square. There you will get your bikes and start riding towards Lake Jarun through the neighborhoods like the authentic Tresnjevka (tresnja means cherry tree in Croatian). Lake Jarun is often called the “Zagreb Sea” and it's a great place to escape the summer heats and do some outdoor activities. Local rowing and other sport clubs use it as a base for training and people come there to cycle, walk, rollerblade, exercise or just chill in one of the local cafes and restaurants. If you like swimming it's good to know that the beach has a Blue Flag award which proves the high quality and cleanliness of the water!
Canoes will be waiting for us there and the plan is to take some 45 minutes for easy paddling around the lake. If you are not into canoeing you can opt for relaxing by the lake, having a drink in one of the waterfront cafes and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.
After our lake activities we will pedal back to the city center along the shores of the Sava River which is a favourite place for Zagreb joggers and end the tour in our base.
Departure Point :The meeting point is in front of Zagreb Tourist Information Center on main Zagreb square
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends in our base in Petrinjska 51 street
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- In the unlikely case of extreme weather conditions or heavy rains, Go Explore Croatia will re-schedule the activity for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full.
- Please bring comfortable clothes for biking and canoeing, as well as a water bottle
- Plan to bring sunscreen and/or rain jacket depending on the weather conditions
- Optional gear: camera, swimsuit, pocket money
- Professional guide included
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.