Bike Tour From Palermo to the citrus groves and ancient Bagli of Ciaculli
Ride from the historic center of Palermo to the countryside to discover citrus groves, Arab Norman buildings and the stories of the mafia and the city's rebirth.
Embark on a guided bike tour from Piazza Kalsa to Ciaculli (16km round trip). Visit the Arab-Norman summer solace of Maredolce, an Islamic-style palace from the 1700s. Continue the ride until you reach the Favarella fund, a land converted from the residence of a mafia family to an expanse of citrus groves where fantastic mandarins are collected, one of the lungs green of the city of Palermo. Meet the volunteers of a local social association that produces objects in a laboratory confiscated from the mafia.
End with a visit to a riding school. You resume the ride towards the city center accompanied by the views of the lush countryside and the stories of the fight against the mafia and rebirth of the territory.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Tourist guide
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Maredolce
- Entry/Admission - Fondo Favarella
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Kalsa, Palermo, Sicily Italy
We find ourselves in the square, in the heart of the Arab quarter La Kalsa.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Orto Botanico di Palermo, Via Lincoln 2/A, 90133, Palermo, Sicily Italy
It runs alongside Villa Giulia and the botanical garden of Palermo.
Stop At: Castello di Maredolce, Brancaccio, Palermo, Sicily Italy
Tour of the Arab-Norman summer solace of Maredolce, an Islamic-style palace from the 1700s.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fondo Favarella, 90121 Palermo, PA, Italy
Visit the Favarella Fund, a land converted from the residence of a mafia family to an expanse of citrus groves where fantastic mandarins are harvested, one of the green lungs of the city of Palermo.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: A.S.D. Scuderia Valdaura Oki Doki, Via Valdaura, 7, 90124 Palermo PA, Italy
Visit a riding school and equestrian rehabilitation center immersed in the green of the Conca D'oro, surrounded by the citrus groves of Ciaculli. Relax in contact with nature and with the splendid horses of the stable.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza della Kalsa, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.