Bike Tour in Itria Valley
A unique experience to live by bicycle. Thanks to the slow times you will be able to observe, listen, smell, savor, talk to people. An adventure to be lived out of the noise of modernity.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - Typical food and wine tasting (Cantine Pastini)
- E-bike rental
- Transport of the products purchased during the cycle tour to the agreed place of arrival
What's excluded :
- As soon as the travelers have arrived at the place of departure, there will be a small presentation of the route, where we will tell the itinerary that the traveler will have to follow
(it is specified that the bike tour is self-guided, all travelers will have all the necessary tools to take the bike tour in complete autonomy)
After the presentation, travelers will leave for Alberobello.
Alberobello is the greatest example of an urban center of trulli culture, with its almost 2000 conical-shaped buildings it is in fact considered by many to be the capital of the trulli. The area where the trulli stand is a karst area, in the past inhabited for the most part by farmers.
Trulli are small stone houses without windows, or with a small and simple window in a square or rectangular shape. The color of the houses is white (i.e. whitewashed) with a gray cone roof, which originally light has darkened due to atmospheric agents.
They are built without concrete, but with mortar and local limestone.
From Alberobello you will cycle towards Locorotondo, a town recognized as "Orange Flag" by the Touring Club for the harmony of the shapes and the usability of the historic center, the ancient heart of Locorotondo is a unique monument that exerts charm and charm, with its white huts, the cobbled streets, elegant portals and flowered balconies.
The last stage of our journey will take place in a winery located in the heart of the Itria Valley, where a tasting of typical local products will take place.
Finally, we return to the place of departure to leave the bicycles.
(SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE)
- Initial briefing on the route
- Electric bicycle or mountain bike rental
- GPX maps, cycling route maps, Martina Franca map
- Transport of the products purchased during your journey to the place of arrival
- Wine and food tasting at a local winery
- Tourist guide
- Packed lunch
- Lunch and / or dinner in a typical restaurant in Martina Franca
Departure Point :GIULIANI BIKE STORE, Via Alberobello, 1Q, 74015 Martina Franca TA, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/29/2020 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 02:00 PM
04:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.