Bike Tour to the Death Road
Take part in this opportunity to bike down the world’s most dangerous road with one of the groups of Vertigo Biking. You will be accompanied by English speaking, safety and rescuing trained guides. Get all the safety equipment and an amazing full suspension bike to suit your size. Bike for 4 to 5 hours (approx. 64 Km or 40mi) from an amazing altitude of 4,200 (Andes mountain range) to 1,200 (entrance to the Bolivian Amazon) meters above the sea level. Transportation from La Paz (with select hotel pickup/drop-off) snacks, water, lunch, showers and time in the swimming pool upon arrival, are included. You will also get a free t-shirt and pictures and videos of the day to make the day unforgettable.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Full suspension bike and safety equipment
- Pictures and videos of the day
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (50 Bs. or 7 USD)
- Drinks during lunch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vertigo Biking Bolivia, Melchor Jimenez St. No. 836 (Near Witches Market & Sagarnaga St.), La Paz 0000 Bolivia
This is the starting point.
Stop At: La Cumbre, Highway 3, La Paz Bolivia
Here is the beginning of the tour in which guides explain about the tour, give instructions and deliver the whole equipment.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Unduavi, Unduavi, La Paz Department
This is the finishing part of the paved road. There is a checkpoint in which poeple need to register.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Yolosa, Yolosa, La Paz Department
This is the finishing point of the tour in which we go to a hotel for a nice shower, a relaxed time in the swimming pool and an amazing buffet lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Melchor Jimenez 836, La Paz, Bolivia
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you want to head to Rurrenabaque after the tour, our guides will help you to get a taxi or bus to Coroico
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.