Bike trip from Pienza to Montalcino through the Val d'Oricia
This trip is a must because you explore the best of the Val d'Orcia park, pedaling with an expert guide.
THE ROUTE IS NOT EASY BUT FOR THE LESS TRAINED, just book an e-bike.
If, on the other hand, you are cyclists and 2-wheel enthusiasts, we have excellent gravel or road carbon bikes available
The destination is Montalcino and we offer you a visit with tasting at Corte Pavone, one of our favorite wineries.
per adult from
What's included :
- bicycles: e-bikes, gravel, hybrids and road bikes. helmet included
What's excluded :
- Come pedaling through the Brunello vineyards, starting with a nice descent from the small town of Pienza.
Difficult level 48 km - possibility to return by bike to 68 km
up-down road with some more difficult climbs. The tour is inside the Unesco site, Val d’Orcia park
We will meet for the departure in Pienza, and we will start with a descent, passing through vineyards, stone houses and green hills colored by flowers, arriving in Bagno Vignoni, a small village famous for its natural thermal pools. After a while a climb begins to reach Castiglione d’Orcia, a little more effort going uphill to be able to see the traditional sunset prayer in the monastery of Sant’Antimo, performed every day by the monks. To end the day and after the effort, here we are in Montalcino, which we will visit a little before the end. Also passing by the fortress where you can also admire the beautiful view of the countryside.
Return to Pienza by bike or van if you feel satisfied and tired, passing through San Quirico.
Option: you can book a tasting with a visit to the cellar.
• Bagno Vignoni, Bagno Vignoni, Tuscany
• Abbazia di Sant'Antimo, Localita' S. Antimo, 222, 53024 Castelnuovo dell'Abate, Montalcino Italy
• Fortezza di Montalcino, Piazzale della Fortezza, 53024, Montalcino Italy
• ice cream
Departure Point :Via I Maggio, 27, 53026 Zona Pip-località Trieste SI, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.