• Take a break from the city to experience the serene seaside town of Galle
• Hop on a bike for a scenic ride through town to soak up the laid-back village atmosphere and see the sites
• Admire beautiful Buddhist temples as you glide past beaches, palm trees and crumbling mansions
• Get a sense of local life as you watch fishermen and villagers go about their day
• Trade bikes for tuk-tuks for a relaxing ride along the coast
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- bicycle hire, helmets
- Bottled water
- 2 snacks at 2 different stops
- tuk-tuk ride.
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Bored of exploring the city or just want to take a break someplace a bit more laid-back? We’re here to help! This scenic Sri Lanka tour starts on two wheels as we hop on bikes to visit the seaside town of Galle. We’ll start on the main road, but you’ll begin to notice that life slows down as we get closer to town.
Ride past picturesque rice paddy fields until we come to our first stop where we’ll see locals heading towards the temple. If you have your camera or phone handy, now is a great opportunity to take some pictures of the lovely surroundings near the temple before we continue the tour. Along the way we’ll see locals busy with their daily activities, and if there’s time, we can stop to talk to them to learn more about their culture and daily routines.
Galle is famous for its beautiful beaches, but lesser known is Koggala Lake, which lends even more beauty to this already scenic area. As we ride by the lake, keep your eye out for the abundant birdlife as well as the small islands that dot the lake. Watch local boys riding their fishing boats hoping for a catch and listen to the soothing sound of birds while you cycle and breathe in the fresh air during your ride. If you’re hungry, we can stop for some snacks to refresh and refuel before we trade bikes for tuk-tuks.
Ride in a tuk-tuk past beautiful beaches along the coast to your end-point of the tour. Along the way, you’ll pass the free trade zone and a few markets where you’ll hear the hustling of vendors trying to get their sales done for the day.
Your Galle tour comes to an end when we reach Hotel Sanmira. At this point, you’re free to head back to your hotel or take the same tuk-tuk (at your own cost) somewhere else. If you need some sightseeing inspiration, ask your guide for suggestions, or staff at Hotel Sanmira will be happy to direct you to any places worth a visit.
• Duration: 4 hours
• Meeting point:
Unawatuna Post Office, 133 Eramudugaha Junction, Unawatuna.
The post office is easy to find; tuk-tuk drivers should know it. It’s located 1.1kms past the southern expressway entrance towards Matara.
• Starting time: 8.00 AM
• Ending point:
Hotel Sanmira Renaissance. Staff at the hotel will be more than happy to help you organise a tuk-tuk ride to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Unawatuna Post Office, 133 Eramudugaha Junction, Unawatuna.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotel Sanmira Renaissance. Staff at the hotel will be more than happy to help you organise a tuk-tuk ride to your accommodation.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- You will need to be able to cycle 20 kilometres for this tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.