Biking and Hiking Tour from Copacabana to Urca's Hill
Visit one of the most famous attractions in Rio de Janeiro in a fun and sportive way on this 4-hour biking and hiking tour! Cycle along the promenade of the famous beach of Copacabana and head towards Morro da Urca by bike, where hike up the hill and enjoy the amazing views to the city, mountains and sea. From there you can take the cable car to Sugar Loaf at a discount price as we went up the first hill by ourselves (optional).
We will end the day with some drinks at Mureta, a popular place for gathering young people by the water overlooking Rio's amazing landscape.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Biking tour
- Hiking tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- We start cycling all the way from Copacabana beach until the red beach, where we will park our bicycles and start the hike towards Morro da Urca, which will take about 1h. In the track, very likely we will be able to meet marmosets. After reaching the top of the smaller hill, we will spend some time there for sight seeing, and if you like, you can get the cable car ticket to the Sugar Loaf (about 40 BRL round trip, not included). After hiking all the way down, you are invited for a drink at Mureta da Urca, a little wall by the water where young Brazilians hang out. Finally we cycle back to Copacabana.
After meeting at Copacabana beach, you will cycle along the beach to the Red beach. Then we start our hiking in Tijuca's forest to Urca's hill. Along the way, you may see marmosets and other local wildlife. Once at the top of Urca's hill we make a long break to enjoy its amazing views, and the ones interested, may take the cable car to the higher hill (Sugar Loaf).
After enjoying the amazing scenery, we hike back down and hop back on the bikes towards Mureta da Urca (a popular place for locals to hang out), after enjoying the view and some drinks, we cycle back to Copacabana beach.
Departure Point :Hotel Rio Othon Palace, Av. Atlântica, 3264 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22070-001, Brazil
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.