Biking to Otavalo Market - Day trip
Visit Otavalo Saturday Market from an active way! Bike the foothills of the Imbabura Volcano, stop at the Equator line, visit Peguche indigenous village and make your best deal for souvenirs in Otavalo.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- - Experienced Certified English-Speaking Guide
- - Private Transport
- - Biking gear: Hybrid bikes, helmets and gloves
- - Water and snacks
What's excluded :
- - Fees for museums or reserves
- - Tips for guides and drivers
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
We will begin our day biking down from the foothills of Imbabura volcano. We will start descending on grass and dirt patched paths and roads that connect local indigenous people’s farms. Along the way we will pass corn and quinoa plantations—staples in the local diet. Once at the base of the volcano we will leisurely continue on along the side of the San Pablo Lake while taking in the spectacular panorama of seemingly endless mountains accompanied by the gentle winds coming across the lake. Later we will visit Peguche, a town where we will visit an indigenous artisan family who will teach us how they weave and make their clothing. The bike ride will take about four hours total afterwards which we will head towards the Otavalo market where you can stroll through aisles of local handicrafts in search of the perfect souvenir to take home to remember your visit to Ecuador!
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Mariscal Foch, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located inside the city only at 8:00am aprox.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.