Bilbao: Cider and the Basque Sea Factory
With the building of historical boats as its main activity, Albaola The Sea Factory of the Basques, is an innovative environment where nautical craftsmanship and technology is recovered and showcased. The Factory is open to public and is characterized by its dynamism, the diversity of its activities and its international outreach. Come to The Factory, sail through history and live the Basque maritime adventure. After, you will have dinner in Petritegi Cider – House. They offer you the opportunity to live a unique gastronomic experience: Taste their quality cider in the cellar, directly from the different barrels, while enjoying simple typical dishes from the Basque kitchen in a unique atmosphere.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Unlimited drinks
- Cider House menu 3-course lunch
- Professional / Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Albaola, The Sea Factory of the Basques
- Entry/Admission - Pasai Donibane
- Entry/Admission - Sagardotegia Petritegi
What's excluded :
- Other drinks besides Cider (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Albaola, The Sea Factory of the Basques, Ondartxo Ibilbidea, 1 Pasai San Pedro, 20110 Pasai San Pedro, Pasaia Spain
The Basque Maritime Factory where you will discover the construction of the replica of The San Juan whaling ship, under UNESCO’s patronage, an iconic whaling ship of the XVI. Century.
NOTE: A JEWEL TO RECOMMEND (All the clients visiting Albaola end up amazed with the gem we have. They are building BY HAND a replica of a Galleon of the XVI. Century, but what it is more important, is that the original Galleon is sunk in Newfoundland and is the only UNESCO sponsored monument under the water)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pasai Donibane, Calle San Juan, 20110 Pasajes Spain
Picturesque enclave on the Gipuzkoan coast that preserves the architecture and seafaring atmosphere of yesteryear. In Basque and officially called Pasai Donibane.
A magical place that inspired Victor Hugo to write his play "Les Misérables".
"A small resplendent Eden, where I arrived by chance and without knowing where I was", the author of Les Misérables wrote about Pasajes de San Juan.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sagardotegia Petritegi, Petritegi Bidea, 20115 Astigarraga Spain
A region so well known for its food just has to have the perfect accompaniment to wash down a meal. Cider is one of the locally-produced beverages par excellence: it is a seasonal produce made with the fruit of our apple trees using traditional methods.
We will show you how cider making has evolved at Petritegi. Visit us for an inside look at a Basque cider house in the company of an expert guide. You’ll also pour cider straight from the barrel.
Guided tour including the screening of a 9-minute video on how cider making has evolved at Petritegi over the years. You will take an inside look at Basque cider and will pour cider straight from the barrel, always in the company of an expert guide. To round off your visit, you will enjoy a complete traditional cider house menu
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Bilbao, Bilbao, Province of Vizcaya, Basque Country
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Availability for visits cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of visits availability
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Due to the special situation we are living in. All transportation services will be private and according to the new security standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.