Bio Bay & El Yunque Rainforest Combo Tour
Experience two of the greatest natural attractions in Puerto Rico, all in one day! Island Journeys has teamed up with Puerto Rico’s top Bio Bay Operators to provide you this full-day package, bringing you the best of the East Coast! SAVE BIG and take the guesswork out of your planning with this all inclusive tour including: Round Trip Transportation, Fully Guided Rainforest Tour, and the World Famous Bio Bay Kayak Tour.
El Yunque is without a doubt Puerto Rico’s greatest Natural Wonder. It is the only Tropical Rainforest, and the most studied Forest, in the United States National Forest System. It is the most biologically diverse forest, hosting hundreds of plants and animals, some only found here in Puerto Rico!
Bioluminescence is one of planet Earth’s best kept secrets. Tiny organisms called “dinoflagellates” make the water glow at night and fortunately, they have found the perfect place to live in the Fajardo Bio Bay, so we are able to experience them all year round.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Local Tour Guests with Lifeguard, CPR & First Aid Certification
- Pictures from your Rainforest Adventure
- Eco Interpretation throughout the Rainforest Trails
- Refresh in Beautiful Natural Swimming Pools and Waterfalls
- Slide Down a Natural Water Slide!
- Rope Swing into the River
- Jump from Different Rock Formations
- Fresh Local Fruit, Snacks & Refreshments
- All Necessary Equipment
- Training and Safety Instructions prior to Tour
- Stop at Local Restaurant for Dinner (not included in price)
- Round Trip Transportation from Accommodation or Assigned Pick Up Location
- Rainforest Entry Fee
- Fully Guided Bio Bay Tour at World Famous Laguna Grande
- Eco Interpretation of the Bioluminescent Lagoon and Surrounding Area & Eco System
- Paddle through the Red Mangrove Forest
- Discover Bioluminescence at the Fajardo Bio Bay
- Watch and Learn about the Constellations
What's excluded :
Experience Puerto Rico’s two greatest natural attractions starting with a scenic drive and stop at a local fruit stand. After an interpretive hike on natural trails lined with beautiful flora and fauna, and some river wading/rock scaling, we will arrive to a hidden gem in the heart of the majestic rainforest. At this breathtaking segment of the forest you can swim in natural pools, refresh in waterfalls, slide down an exhilarating waterslide, rope swing into the river, jump from different rock formations, and simply relax to the sounds of cascading waters while taking in the beauty of this very special place. Enjoy dinner and a break before the Bio Bay at a local restaurant. After receiving a few kayaking tips, we will kayak approximately 30 minutes through the Red Mangrove Forest to the Bioluminescent Lagoon. Along the way, your Eco Guides will point out the forests beautiful protected flora and fauna. Upon arrival to Laguna Grande, the sun will set and the magic begins. At every stroke of your paddle, sparkles will appear in the water. The kayaks will create a swirl of light, and the fish will glow in the darkness of the water. The Rainforest & Bio Bay Tour is simply a must!
• Laguna Grande, Cabezas Nature Reserve Northeastern Coast Puerto Rico
• El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the above list of hotels. If your hotel/accommodation is not listed, please select the nearest hotel and meet us there or contact us for an assigned meeting location.Alternative Pick Up Locations:- Pick ups from Old San Juan are at the Sheraton Old San Juan (meet in front of Walgreens)- Pick ups from Isla Verde are at the Intercontinental Hotel San Juan- Pick ups from Ocean Park are at Kasalta Bakery- Pick ups from Condado are at La Concha- Pick ups from Fajardo and Humacao are at CVS Fajardo- Pick ups from Luquillo are at Walgreens LuquilloPick Up Times- Pick ups in San Juan are generally between 8:00am and 9:00am- Pick ups on the East coast are generally between 10:15am and 11:15amWhat to Wear & Bring• Cell phone (in the event that we need to contact you or you need to contact us prior to the excursion)• Closed-toe shoes that can get wet/dirty, have good grip for hiking on wet surfaces, and provide comfort and support (no sandals, water shoes, or flip flops)• Bathing suit (already have on)• Comfortable hiking clothes that can get completely wet/dirty• Towel and change of clothes• Water bottle to refill throughout the day (provided if you do not have one)• Camera (optional - waterproof only!)• Money for dinnerItems can be left in vehicle during Rainforest and Bio Bay ToursDinner Note: It is important that you eat a good breakfast prior to your pick up. Dinner will be around 4:00pm. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided on both the Rainforest and Bio Bay tour.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with neck, back, arm or leg problems or casts
- Not recommended for travelers with recent surgeries
- Not recommended for travelers who have epilepsy, heart conditions and/or dizziness
- The difficulty level of this excursion is considered to be moderate to strenuous depending on your physical fitness level. It is very important that you are in good physical condition in order to participate and enjoy yourself. The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven and include river-wading, climbing large rocks and steep inclines. The kayaking can be strenuous when the current is strong and requires upper body strength. This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle. It is a long, but fun-filled day!
- Maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person and 425 lbs per kayak
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please call to book if you if you have an odd number party
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Important Note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By participating on this activity, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.