Birdwatching and Jungle Tour in Monteverde at 5:30 PM
This 2:1 Tour is the only one in the country that combines a birdwatching tour with a jungle tour.
Birding at dusk is great because that's when birds are going back to their nests to end their day. At El Bosque, the grounds are beautiful and the location is great for birding, especially on the gardens where the forest is younger and lower.
Then it gets dark and other creatures come out on the trails of the property where the forest is more dense... And with a guide and a flashlight, the jungle adventure begins...
Tour groups are small so you will see more and learn more, and with your tour guide and his spotting scope you will be taking some amazing pictures to bring back home.
And when you finish the tour, you can ask for a map to come back the next morning to do more birding on your own and/or to explore the beautiful trail system at NO ADDITIONAL COST.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free entrance to hike some more on your own the next day (until 4 pm)
- Entrance Fee is also included
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Transportation is not included. Parking lots are available.
First we will start with a small introduction where you will be assigned a local tour guide.
Next, you will walk around the grounds of El Bosque Lodge where many birds find shelter to sleep.
This is where you can easily spend up to an hour finding birds sleeping in trees.
Then, you will enter the lodge's trail system to explore and learn about this preservation area.
This is where you will find a few more birds as well as some of the coolest insects (like walking sticks, tarantulas and leafcutter ants), rare mammals (like porcupines, opossoms, and olingos) and depending on the weather condition perhaps some snakes and frogs.
Finally, you will head back to reception to wrap things up.
This is where you can ask for a map so you can come back the next day to hike the trails on your own (entrance fee is on us!).
Departure Point :El Bosque Monteverde, Route 620 Towards Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve First Right After Restaurant Tramonti, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, 60109, Costa Rica
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not Appropriate For Kids Under 5
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.