BirdWatching Private Tour
The Azores are a unique and privileged place for bird watching, with more than 400 species recorded in the archipelago. Between September and April, during the migration season, there is sometimes the opportunity to observe, side by side, birds from the American and European continent and seabirds from the Indian and Pacific oceans. Among the 40-nesting species, two endemic species are the bullfinch (Pyrrhula murina) in the eastern part of São Miguel and the Monteiro (Hydrobates monteiroi), which nest in the Graciosa islets, and eleven endemic subspecies. In addition, there are colonies of seabirds of great relevance in the European context, as is the case of the Cory’s shearwater (Calonectris diomedea borealis) and Roseate tern (Sterna dougallii dougallii).
Together we will share the taste for birdwatching.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- No exclusions
In this Private Tour you can see the endemic specie, Azores bullfinch (Pyrrhula murina) one of most rare birds of the Europe and others interest birds, includes offer of local snacks tea produce in Azores and also the coffee, local typical launch at a restaurant, telescope sharing, binoculars and field guides and certified nature guide only your group will participate in this tours it will be a private tour, the car is a comfortable Volvo XC 90 4 WD with leather seats and ac.
• Bio&Bird Tours, Sao Miguel 9600-533 Portugal
Departure Point :Ponta Delgada
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Portas da Cidade
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.