In the territory of bisceglie on paths along the sea or immersed in the blade along ancient ways to discover particular and uncontaminated places rich in naturalistic, historical and cultural interest.
per adult from
2 to 4 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dolmen Della Chianca, Road to Corato, 76011 Bisceglie Italy
From the ancient Posta Santa Croce walking along the roads of transhumance in Puglia, an unprecedented path between the Murgia and the Adriatic in a very little known place despite the proximity to the urban centers of Bisceglie and 2
Corato. A little off the beaten path and extremely interesting for the landscape and historical relevance it includes. On our way we will immediately find the Dolmen La Chianca, a prehistoric megalithic tomb from the Bronze Age.
Crossing one of the typical blades of this area we will reach a vast complex of karst origin characterized by the presence of caves where in 1955 a femur belonging to an adult individual of Homo sapiens neandertalensis was found.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Zona Pantano-Ripalta, 76011 Bisceglie Italy
Coasting the sea with a fantastic coastline full of sea caves that were inhabited since the Neolithic period, as attested by the materials found by Majellaro and Prelorenzo. We will discover the Caves of Ripalta. Along this stretch of the Via Francigena you can also admire the typical Apulian rural landscape with its dry stone walls, straw huts and small houses. We will continue on a short stretch of pebble beach, and then through a fantastic meadow of spontaneous orchids we will be able to reach the coves, small bays created by the blades, erosive furrows typical of the Apulian landscape, which convey the rainwater from the Murge karst plateau towards the Adriatic Sea.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :76011 Bisceglie, Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/16/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.