Black Bear & Wildlife Exploration - Ketchikan, AK
Ketchikan's finest bear viewing accessible by road! Visit Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary for this unique opportunity to see black bears in their native habitat. Your naturalist/guide will bring the rich forest to life as you meander along an improved trail, leading to an elevated boardwalk and platform system amongst magnificent stands of spruce, hemlock and cedar. Watch for bears from the safety of the raised boardwalks which maximize your viewing and provide protection. Leaving the private elevated wildlife viewing system, the rainforest trail transforms to an additional boardwalk perched over grassy wetlands alongside Eagle Creek, home to a rich run of spawning salmon. Here bears, bald eagles, seals and other birds come to fish for Alaska's abundant salmon. Be sure to visit the Alaska Raptor Center, a non-profit organization. Take the opportunity to see raptors up close, along with the historic Herring Bay Lumber Company Sawmill, master Native carver and General Store.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary, 116 Wood Rd, Ketchikan, AK 99901-9765
Location for viewing ecosystem, wildlife and bear viewing. Salmon hatchery, historic sawmill, blacksmith, master Native Carver and General Store are available for guests to check out on their own.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All guests are to meet 15 minutes prior to their departure time on Berth 2 near the Ketchikan Visitors Center and large bronze statue "The Rock". A staff member will be there with a sign.Ports
- Berth 2, 201 Dock St, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.