Black Cave Hiking Tour from Tirana
Black Cave of Pellumbas (Shpelle e Zezë), is one of main attractions outside Tirana. In this tour can participate different group travelers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
This day trip is for adventurous people who like exploring caves and the rural areas that surround Tirana.
We will make a fantastic hike with wonderful views, explore the inside of the cave with torches where you can find stunning stalactites and stalagmites and bats hanging on the sealing.
We will leave Tirana for a drive of about 45 minutes to the village of Pellumbas. After a coffee at a local bar (where you can also taste the locally produced liquour raki) we start walking along the 2 km trail that leads to “Shpella e Zeze” or “The Black Cave of Pellumbas”. The view from the trail is spectacular, with the mountainside dropping down into the canyon of Erzen River.
The cave stands at an elevation of 350 meters and is said to be one of the earliest prehistoric settlements of the area. Tools and artifacts dating back to the Neolith, Bronze and Iron eras have been found there, as well as fossils attributed to the cave bears (ursus spelae) that lived in the cave more than 10,000 years ago.
• The Cave of Pellumbas, Pellumbas Albania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code must be appropriate for outdoor activity, hiking shoes/trainers mandatory
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.