Black River Safari Tours
The Black River Safari "Fun Day" Tour starts with a morning pickup from your Montego Bay hotel or location of your choice. Sit back and relax for a scenic drive along the south coast shoreline with stops to sample the local fruits before to Black River.
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Upon request and at an additional cost
- Bottled water - Upon request and at an additional cost
- Soda/Pop - Upon request and at an additional cost
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Floyd's Pelican Bar
- Entry/Admission - YS Falls
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Floyd's Pelican Bar, Caribbean Sea | 1/2 mi NW of Treasure Beach, Treasure Beach Jamaica
One mile off the coast, in the turquoise sea of Parottee Bay, you’ll find the Pelican Bar. Literally a hut, made from scrap wood and built on a sandbar, Pelican Bar serves beers and seafood to fishermen and other folk who arrive by boat. Built by a fisherman named Floyd in 2001, Pelican Bar was at first just meant for Floyd’s fishing buddies—but it quickly became known as one of the best beach bars in the world. Join the locals playing dominos, and take a dip in between drinks. There’s no better place in the world to watch the sun set.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Black River, Black River, Saint Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica
The Great Morass is Jamaica’s largest surviving wetland and at 125 square miles, taking a boat tour along the swamp’s main waterway is the best way to experience it. The Black River Safari in Jamaica includes a 90-minute scenic ride up and down the river with a local guide showcasing the true beauty of the island.
Explore towering mangrove trees and lush plant life, while surrounded by rare swamp animals, like the endangered American crocodile sunning alongside the banks or over 100 species of birds in their natural habitat. Look out for whistling ducks, egrets and cinnamon-colored jacanas and spot for local fishermen catching crabs on long and thin, traditional canoes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: YS Falls, 2 Market St. South Coast Jamaica
YS is the shortest place name in Jamaica. YS was originally a cane farm, with a factory. YS Estate was also a supplier of logwood for export to Europe. The heart of the logwood tree was used for the purpose of making dye.
By 1887 the property had changed hands many times and was held in the Encumbered Estates Court in London. At that time, Great Grand Uncle (John Browne) of the current owners, Tony Browne, had traveled to London to purchase a property in St. Ann. However, upon arrival in London, that property had been sold. John Browne wanting a property with a river running through it bought YS Estate, sight unseen.YS continued to grow cane, reap logwood trees and raise cattle. With the introduction of synthetic dyes, the need for logwood dwindled. In the 1960’s cane was phased out. In the 1950’s, the present owner, Tony Browne, started to breed and raise thoroughbred horses.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This "Fun Day" is 100% customizable to what you would like to do! FTJ guarantees you a great experience so just let us know what you want to do!Airports
- Sangster Intl Airport, Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Bay Cruise Port, Mantica Way, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.