Black River, YS Falls and Appleton Rum Estate Day Trip from Negril
While Negril’s beaches are undeniably gorgeous, there’s more natural beauty to be found in Jamaica in addition to white-sand shores — discover the delights of the island’s less-visited St Elizabeth parish on this activity-filled day trip! You’ll take a boat ride down the Black River, looking for native birds, alligators and other wildlife; go for a swim at the bottom of YS Falls; and tour one of the country’s oldest rum distilleries, Appleton Estate, where tastings await. Lunch and hotel transport are included.
PLEASE NOTE: The Appleton Rum Estate is currently undergoing renovations and is closed for all tours. The estate is scheduled to reopen in October 2017.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tasting fees at Appleton Estate
- Entry/Admission - Black River
- Entry/Admission - YS Falls
- Entry/Admission - The Joy Spence Appleton Estate Rum Experience
What's excluded :
- Your tour starts with hotel pickup in Negril by comfortable coach for the 50-mile (80-km) drive southeast to the parish of St Elizabeth, where the Black River — one of Jamaica’s longest — flows toward the Caribbean Sea.
Upon arrival, hop aboard a pontoon boat with your local guide for your 1-hour journey along the slow-moving river, bordered on both sides by trees, bushes and other vegetation that create a lush, tropical setting. Watch for native birds like herons and egrets, and as you cruise past the mangrove marshes, keep an eye out for the river’s most notorious inhabitants — crocodiles!
After your boat ride, enjoy a traditional Jamaican lunch of chicken, fish or pork before making the 30-minute drive north to YS Falls. When you arrive at the 120-foot (37-meter) waterfall, where water from the YS River pours down seven tiers of cliffs, use the changing rooms to put on your swimsuit, and then you’re free to enjoy the falls however you wish. Take a dip in the cool waters, walk along the river pathway or just relax on the riverbank and enjoy the scene.
Finally, return to your coach for the 25-minute drive to your last destination, Appleton Estate, one of Jamaica’s oldest distilleries, which has been producing high-quality rum for more than 250 years. Tour the property to see Appleton's copper pot stills, which give the rum a distinctive flavor, and get a look at the oak barrels, where some of the premium rums age for up to 30 years. You’ll also learn about Appleton’s prestigious history and fermentation process, during which water naturally filtered by limestone is combined with sugar cane molasses and a special yeast culture, which results in its much-lauded flavor.
Once you’ve discovered how and where Appleton rum is made, enjoy a tasting! Try different types of Jamaican rums and rum liqueurs, and then head back to Negril, where your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Tour departs from your Negril hotel.If you do not indicate your hotel for pickup at the time of booking, please call the local tour operator to provide this information directly; the contact details will be on your voucher after booking.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- PLEASE NOTE: The Appleton Rum Estate is currently undergoing renovations and is closed for all tours. The estate is scheduled to reopen in October 2017.
- Vegetarian lunch option available with at least 48 hours notice
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.