Blacksmithing Introduction Workshop
Come experience blacksmithing for a day, and leave with a small project or two you made with your own hands!
per adult from
What's included :
- Blacksmithing overview: Tools, processes, safety briefing
- All materials required (carbon steel, hammers, tongs, anvil, gas forge, PPE)
- Forging your own project(s) with hammer and anvil
- All instructions and support required
What's excluded :
Come spend a Saturday with us on this practical introduction to Blacksmithing, and go home with your very own hand forged results to show for it!
You will experience shaping steel with hammer and fire, as well as learn a bit about the forge, anvil, tools and techniques used in blacksmithing.
1-day hands-on experience where you will make your own bottle opener as well as another small project like a coat hook, fire poker or similar project.
Blacksmithing overview: Tools, processes, safety briefing
All materials required (carbon steel, hammers, tongs, anvil, gas forge, PPE)
Forging your own project(s) with hammer and anvil
All instructions and support required
Your day: 9 am to 3 pm with lunch break 12 - 1 pm
The day starts with a Safety Briefing and then we discuss what it takes to get into blacksmithing as a hobby.
Together we all make a bottle opener to practise hammer control, tong selection and moving the steel to shape. You can then repeat this step again or make something else of the suggested projects on offer. How long you forge is up to you, you have access to forge, anvil and steel for the day!
Departure Point :13 Mitchell Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.