Blenheim Palace Guided Tour from Oxford
Enjoy a guided tour of one of England's most famous palaces & gardens but also home to the Churchill family and Duke of Marlborough. Our tour will describe the destiny of events which led to the creation of Blenheim palace. Its creation was no easy achievement- the main architect was even refused entry to see his completed work! However, it is open today for all to enjoy its sumptuous interior and its expansive gardens, lake house and maze.
Palace entry ticket worth £28.50 per person is included in your tour price. Guided tour duration is 90 minutes+.
Upon arrival at Blenheim palace, your guide will take you on a guided tour lasting approximately 90 minutes. You will then have free time to visit other parts of the palace and gardens on your own.
OPTION ALSO EXISTS TO SELECT TO ADD ON A 90 MINUTES PRIVATE WALKING TOUR OF OXFORD AT START OF THE TOUR FOR ADDITIONAL £100 FEE.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide for guided tour of the palace (this does not include tour of the gardens and estate)
- Entry/Admission - Blenheim Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- We offer you a guided tour of the palace state rooms. The tour does not include a tour of the gardens and the estate grounds as the estate is very extensive and you can explore the gardens and grounds at leisure after the tour in your own free time.
- If you opt to return after activity by taxi to Oxford, then that is not included (a taxi may cost anything from £30-45 single journey) but this can be arranged for you, if you request it.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock OX20 1PP England
Guided tour of the palace lasting approx 90 minutes. You will then have free time after the end of the tour to explore the palace exhibition spaces and gardens
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
Return Detail :Blenheim Palace, Woodstock OX20 1PP, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Blenheim palace is located just next to Woodstock village, so we recommend you visit both locations in your free time after the guided tour.
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME AT THE AGREED MEETING POINT:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you might forfeit and lose your booking as if your arriving late, as this may interrupt the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- WE OFFER YOU THE OPTION TO EITHER MEET US AT 10.30am or at 12.30 in OXFORD TO CATCH THE PUBLIC BUS WITH US TO THE PALACE OR TO MEET US AT 2PM AT THE PALACE, LOCATED ABOUT HALF HOUR DRIVE AWAY FROM OXFORD CITY.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.