Blue Ice Cave Adventure
In this tour, you will experience a unique natural ice cave in the wonders of Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest ice cap. The tour is suitable for those who want to visit a more isolated ice cave and more difficult to access. This tour offers you great photo opportunities and an unforgettable experience. The level of this tour is hard. Tour is limited to a maximum of 8 travelers.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Climbing helmet and a headlamp (always)
- Crampons to walk on the glacier (if needed)
- Walking harness (if needed)
- Ice ax (if needed)
- Lightweight rubber boots to be able to cross a small stream to go in the ice cave (if needed)
- Microspikes to walk on slippery rocky terrain (if needed)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Feet – Woolen socks – Good waterproof hiking boots, high with good ankle support (can be rented from us) Lower body – Base layer- wool or synthetic (no cotton!) – Light and comfortable hiking trousers softshell for example (no jeans!) – Wind and waterproof trousers Upper body – Full sleeve base layer wool or synthetic (no cotton!) – Thin fleece or similar – Thick warm fleece, or puffy jacket down or synthetic, or just a nice warm jacket. – Wind and waterproof jacket. Hands – Gloves. It´s good to have two pairs. Head – Warm hat/beanie that might work under a helmet. Note: beaine’s with pompom are not recommended since the pompom does not go under the helmet. – Buff or balaclava or neck gaiter. – Sunglasses Backpack – Backpack 28-40 L, that can room your equipment, camera food and drink for the day and so on. Food – Food for 6 hours tour – 1-2 sandwiches depending on how much you need. – 700 ml – 1 L of water or something else you like to drink (non-alcoholic). – Some energy-rich and light food like 2-3 chocolate bars or something similar. r governing authority and is not within our control.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Breiðamerkurjökull, Iceland
From Hali, we board our 4×4 super jeep and head onto the glacial outwash plain by following an old farming road called “Þröng”. Here you will begin to see the majestic ice-covered volcano, Öræfajökull as well as Breiðamerkurjökull.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Glacier Adventure, Hali 2, Suðursveit, 781 Höfn í Hornafirði, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- For this tour, the participants should be in good hiking condition
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
- To bring good clothes, shoes, and camera
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.