Blue Lake Cave
Our tour starts with a pick up service from your centrally located hotel in Bonito, to take to the Gruta do Lago Azul (Blue Lake Cave), located in the Serra da Bodoquena area. This is a place you must visit, as is the postcard picture of Bonito.
The excursion begins with a sightseeing walk along a 300 mt trail (984 ft). The path is a natural formation, a result of the footsteps marks of animals and people over the years. Once in the entrance of the cave, we start our way down through a 200 mt stair carved in the ground. There, you will be marveled by the intense blueish color of the waters and the underground landscape, formed by millions of years old rock formations.
One of the main reasons this place is so well preserved is because, until 1924, no human set foot inside. Before that, the only evidence of life inside the cave, were the massive mammal fossils from about 10,000 years ago that were discovered by cave divers, they belonged to the Saber-tooth tiger.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 90-minute guided tour down to the Lago Azul Cave
- Entry/Admission - Gruta do Lago Azul
What's excluded :
- Food & Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gruta do Lago Azul, Bonito, State of Mato Grosso do Sul Brazil
Gruta do Lago Azul
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Gruta do Lago Azul Natural Monument, Bonito - State of Mato Grosso do Sul, 79290-000, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. With Transfer 7/28/2020 - 6/30/2021
Without Transfer 7/28/2020 - 6/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of the tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.