Blue Volcanic River Waterfalls and Hot Springs Mud Bath Adventure in Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Del Coco
Discover a paradise on earth only found along the north side of majestic, smoking Rincon de la Vieja volcano. Be transported with a bi-lingual guide from your hotel in Guanacaste province (Playa Del Coco) to a lush rain forest. Experience incomparable views, blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, 80 meter waterfalls and much more.
In the morning, hike in the rainforest for dips under the Grand Waterfalls, cascading pools and along the blue river. After a delicious lunch take dips in 4 different natural mineral hot spring pools and the fresh water pool with a bullet water slide, meander the tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varietals, the Butterfly Gardens, orchid garden, hummingbird sanctuary, Koi & Bird & Caiman Lakes, turtle ponds and more. Take a natural mud bath and sauna; visit miniature donkeys and horses and much more. And regretfully, return back, in time for dinner.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & change-room
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- Tour Itinerary:
8am: Pick-up from hotels in Playa Coco and Playa Hermosa . Time and place communicated in advance.
10am: Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to the private, Blue River Park for dips in the Grand Waterfall. Then hike along forest trails and along creeks and cascading waterfalls with opportunities for dips into mineral pools. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest and colorful birds. Then descend toward the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo.
12:30 pm: Time for a delightful lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs.
1:30 pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral "green" hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa4:00pm: Departure and hotel drop off
Departure Point :Your hotel in the Playa Hermosa area
Departure Time :
Between 7:00am to 8:30am
Precise time and location will be confirmed in advance.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent & hiking shoes (for the tour), bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (along paths created in forest and down dirt stairs)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.