Bohemian Budapest: The Best Of Ruin Bars
Explore Boho Budapest with a local who will discover the bohemian side of Pest in the old Jewish District, and get to know the area’s free spirited personality as you explore with a local! Experience the district’s distinctive ruin bar culture, soak up the bohemian atmosphere and urban buzz, and see why Budapest continues to be an inspiration for artists, writers and musicians. Explore some of the quirkiest ruin bars, learn about their fascinating history and enjoy a couple of drinks as you experience this unique part of Budapest’s culture that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. Ruin bars might be an iconic feature of the city’s nightlife, but your local will show you their daytime personality, where art and creativity meet bohemian bar culture!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a local host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- A drink in a recommended bar
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and additional drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga), Dohany utca 2-8, Budapest 1074 Hungary
Every experience is private and personalized. Your local host will plan an itinerary for you based on your interests and on the other activities you have planned for your trip.
Your host may suggest starting the experience exploring the old Jewish quarter and the iconic Synagogue.
Pass By: Szimpla Kert, Kazinczy utca 14., Budapest 1075 Hungary
Explore the most popular ruin bars, like Szimpla Kert, or ask the host to take you to his or her favourite place, which the locals love but they are difficult for travelers to find! Discover hidden gems where you can find great atmosphere and connect with the locals and ask your host to recommend places to visit and things to do during the rest of your stay.
Departure Point :Budapest, Astoria, 1053 Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/24/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.