Bohinj Railway Steam Train Ride of the Alpine Region
The steam train will start its journey from the railway station Jesenice at 09:03 am and pass the Alpine jewels of Bled and Bohinjska Bistrica on its way towards the final destination in the town Kanal in the valley of the river Soča. The train continues its way to the final train station in Nova Gorica. On the train guests will be accompanied by tour guides and staff who will provide a merry atmosphere and give information.
per adult from
What's included :
- Option 'Steam Train Ride' includes: Steam train ride from Jesenice to Nova Gorica and back, guide and all arrangements.
- Option 'Steam Train Ride with a Trip to the Wine-Growing Region of GoriŠka Brda' includes: steam train ride, local bus rides, English speaking guide, guided visit of the wine cellar, entertainment program and all arrangements.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Steam Train Ride on the Bohinj Railway:
At 09:03 am, the vintage train will depart from Jesenice and continue past Bled, Bohinjska Bistrica, Most na Soči and Kanal to its final stop at Nova Gorica, where the arrival is scheduled for 11:59 am.
This three-hour-long train ride along the Bohinj railway will undoubtedly be an unforgettable experience for any true rail enthusiast. The views of Lake Bled, passing through numerous gorges, crossing many tunnels, the longest of which measures 6,327 m, never fail to impress. Make sure your cameras are at hand! On the train, we will be accompanied by tour guides and staff who will conjure up a merry atmosphere and provide information about the train, the Bohinj railway itself and the regions along the route. The train also has a restaurant carriage serving a selection of drinks and light snacks.Passengers may step off the train at all of the abovementioned stations and spend the time according to their own wishes and arrangements. Those who prefer to explore the sights along the route accompanied by our guides are more than welcome to join one of our organised visits. At 4:35 pm, the vintage train will leave Nova Gorica and return on the same route to Jesenice.
Steam Train Ride on the Bohinj Railway with a Tour of GoriŠka Brda:
You will alight at the railway station in Kanal and continue the journey by bus. Accompanied by tour guides, you will driven along the river Soča past the villages Anhovo and Plave to the wine-growing region at the Slovene-Italian border Goriška Brda. In this picturesque area, you will enjoy the views of beautiful small villages, vineyards and fruit gardens.
On the way to Dobrovo, the center of Goriška Brda, you will make a short stop in the village Gonjače and climb up a 23 m (75.5 ft) observation tower offering panoramic views of the entire Goriška Brda region. If you are lucky and the weather is fine, one can see as far as the neighboring regions of the Vipava valley, the Kras plateau, Friuli in Italy, as well as the Italian Dolomites and the Julian Alps.Afterwards, your journey will continue past the medieval village of Šmartno into the centre of the region, Dobrovo. And given that we will have been ‘on the road’ for quite a while by then, this will be the perfect time to stop for lunch, which will be served at one of the local restaurants. Before our return to the Soča valley, you will also visit the largest wine cellar in the region where you will be able to purchase some of the most exquisite wines of Goriška Brda. Returning to Nova Gorica, we will board the steam train again and start our railway journey back towards the region of Gorenjska.
Departure Point :1: 4270 Jesenice, Slovenia
2: 4260 Bled, Slovenia
3: 4264 Bohinjska Bistrica, Slovenia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Diesel haulage may substitute the steam locomotive in case of extreme weather (drought and thus fire danger) or engine failure or other transport means may be used through the afflicted part of the way in order to complete the journey. If it is necessary to undertake repairs to one of the museum cars, it may be substituted with a normal one. Some changes in timetable are possible, because of dense traffic and some delays may occur on the museum train.
- Bicycles can be taken on the train without any charge, but reservation must be done in advance.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 250 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.