Bohol Pamilacan Island Dolphin Whale Watching Tour
Perfect for island life, Bohol boasts of a number of gorgeous beaches and islands. One such marvel is Pamilacan Island with its white sand beaches and rich biodiversity. Its curious name comes from the local word “pilak”, a large hooked tool used for capturing whale and manta ray, a practice called “mamalak”. Hunting these animals is no longer popular, however as the creatures are now under full protection of the Philippine law.
Nestled in the bosom of the Bohol Sea, this tiny island in Barangay Baclayon is less than an hour’s boat ride from the nearby pier. The scenic stretches of white sand and clear waters serve as the great backdrops for either relaxing or more adrenaline-pumping activities outdoors.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air-conditioned transportation (optional)
- Services of an English-Speaking Guide
- Snorkeling equipment rental
- Life vest rental
- Outrigger boat ride
- Lunch (350 each optional)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The bountiful coral island of Pamilacan is part of the Bohol Marine Triangle. This marine sanctuary is home to more than 11 species of dolphins and whales and you get to witness first-hand the majesty of Bryde whales, sperm whales, pilot whales and even blue whales.
The Bohol Sea is said to be one of the breeding grounds of these social animals. Sightseers are likely to find dolphins in their play area at the southern coast of the Island jumping out of the water and doing somersaults in groups of three or more.
Whether you plan on seeing the Spanish fort or diving in the gorgeous sites, Pamilacan has a lot to offer. While you’re staying in Bohol, make sure to check out the Pamilacan Island Dolphin and Whale Watching Tour!
From baluarte port (Baclayon), tourists can ride a boat (briggs/canter) in going to the island. It is 45 mins – 1 hour boat ride from the port.
Your day will begin with a pickup from your hotel in either Tagbilaran City or Panglao Island. From here, you will be taken to board the motorized outrigger boat that will take you on an early morning trip to the sea waters of Bohol to Pamilacan Island for Dolphin and Whale spotting. Afterwards, we will take on a leisurely visit to the island for a taste of small island life. Most islanders on Pamilacan are fishermen. They also make their livings from raising livestock or leading dolphin watching expeditions in the Bohol Sea. You can relax on the island or you can choose to enjoy some snorkeling, with equipment included. Feast on lunch in a local restaurant before returning to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tagbilaran Airport, Philippines
- Bohol Panglao International Airport
- Tagbilaran City Seaport
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.