Bologna Half Day Private Walking Tour and Tastings
This is the ideal tour if you want to know in depth the history and architecture of the historic center and end with a delicious food and wine tasting of our excellences.
In the first part of the tour we will discover more about history, art and culture of Bologna.
We start in Piazza Maggiore with the main attractions all around like Palazzo del Podestà, Palazzo d'Accursio, Basilica of San Petronio. Then we continue in the Archiginnasio Palace, to finish in front of the two towers.
In the last part of the tour we will focus about the gastronomic tradition of the city (nicknamed Bologna "La Grassa" "The Fat") talking about Mortadella, Prosciutto di Parma, Parmigiano Reggiano and other deli that make the city and our region so famous in terms of food!
The tour will end with "The Experience", that is, the tasting of a board of the best cold cuts and local cheeses paired with a glass of wine in the medieval market area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide service with a professional and licensed tour guide for a half day
What's excluded :
- Lunch - An extra cost of 15 euros per person is required to cover the price of the tasting. The tour guide will collect it before starting the tour directly in the meeting point.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Maggiore, 40121 Bologna Italy
We will begin the tour by talking about this beautiful square and the most important buildings all around, including Palazzo d'Accursio, Palazzo del Podestà, The Basilica of San Petronio and Palazzo dei Banchi. In the final part of the tour we will move to the Medieval Market, also called Quadrilatero and ... food Market
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quadrilatero, via Clavature & via Pescherie Vecchie, 40124 Bologna Italy
Elements of the ancient arcades are mixed between signboards of a hundred years ago. It is the heart of Bolognese gastronomy. We will discover how the best local mortadella, Parmesan cheese and other regional deli are made. At the end of the tour we will stop to taste in one of these shops.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Nettuno, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
Return Detail :Via Pescherie Vecchie, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regarding the prevention and contrast to the spread of covid 19 we apply the regional safety protocol
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.