Bordeaux Gourmet Food Walking Tour
Taste Bordeaux’s many delights on this 3.5-hour gourmet food tour. Exploring the city on foot with your food-lover guide, visit well-known local shops to meet the owners. You'll sample breads, cheeses and chocolates.
Please advise us if you have any food allergies - special requirements.
No alternatives will be available the day of the tour.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Tastings (bread, cheese and chocolate)
- Buffet lunch with wine (please advise if you have any food allergies)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quinconces Esplanade (Esplanade des Quinconces), Bordeaux France
Meet near Place des Quinconces in Bordeaux’s city center for your 4-hour gourmet food tour. Follow your passionate local guide on a slow-paced walk through the city, admiring the architecture and learning about the history and culinary traditions of Bordeaux along the way.
Start with a visit to a local bakery, where the aromas of fresh-baked French bread linger in the air. Meet the baker and smell the flavors of a handmade baguette fresh out of the oven.
Your next stop is one of Bordeaux’s most famous chocolate makers, whose secret recipes have been kept alive for generations. After meeting the owner, you'll be presented with a variety of chocolates whose flavors range from ginger to green tea to olive. You’ll be delighted by these surprising combinations!
Next, take a ‘Tour de France’ of cheese at a local cheese shop. Learn the know-how of French cheese makers (the masters) and indulge in some of the most classic and beloved French cheeses such as Comté, Roquefort and Brie.
With your taste buds warmed up, your gourmet food tour culminates with a buffet lunch in a typical Bordeaux apartment. Take your seat in the dining room and enjoy a hearty spread of the products you tasted during your tour. Then it's time to savor some canelés, a typical cake of the Bordeaux region, and of course, some local Bordeaux wine. Your tour ends after lunch.
Stop At: Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Enjoy a walking city tour of Bordeaux and learn about its history. Pass by local producers and enjoy food tastings.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Tourist Information Office, 12 Cours du 30 Juillet, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Bordovino Wine Tours, 3 Rue d'Enghien, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.