Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh
A tour that takes you from Edinburgh over the border to England and back. You’ll have ample time to explore one of the UK’s best castles, Alnwick Castle, made famous by the Harry Potter films. Also, stop at Melrose Abbey in the Borders, on the magnificent east coast of Scotland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Mercedes air-conditioned vehicle
- panoramic windows
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Melrose Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Alnwick Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melrose Abbey, Abbey Street, Melrose TD6 9LG Scotland
There will be a stop in Melrose, where you can visit the ruined abbey though to the the resting place of Robert the Bruce's heart.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Alnwick Castle, Alnwick NE66 1NQ England
This is the star attraction of the tour. Home to the Dukes of Northumberland - the castle has been used for many film and TV locations such as Harry Potter and Downton Abbey.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: North Berwick, North Berwick, East Lothian, Scotland
Last stop of the day is in North Berwick where you can have a quick stroll on the beach.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Highland Experience Tours, Royal Mile, 1 Parliament Square, Edinburgh EH1 1RE, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 3 years not accepted
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.