Borghese Gallery Private Tour
Explore one of the most beautiful art galleries in Rome in a 17th century villa built specifically to house a dazzling collection of art. The Borghese Gallery is named after Scipione Borghese an extremely wealthy Cardinal who had a passion for art. Nephew to the Pope, he was an avid collector and talent spotter who was ruthless when it came to getting his hands on the masterpieces that had taken his fancy.
Whether you are new to art or consider yourself an afficionado you will love this tour and the Borghese gallery. Your guide will take you back to the 17th century when the cardinal hosted lavish parties to share his art collection with other nobles. You will hear how he stole paintings and even used the pope to threaten artists as well as hear about the lives and works of the most famous artists in Rome.
Discover artworks by Caravaggio, Bernini, Raphael, Titian and other famous Italian heavyweight artists.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip The Line Ticket
- Private Guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - Galleria Borghese
- Entry/Admission - Villa Borghese
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria Borghese, Piazzale del Museo Borghese 5, 00197 Rome Italy
The Borghese Gallery is an art gallery in Rome, Italy, housed in the former Villa Borghese Pinciana. At the outset, the gallery building was integrated with its gardens, but nowadays the Villa Borghese gardens are considered a separate tourist attraction. The Galleria Borghese houses a substantial part of the Borghese collection of paintings, sculpture and antiquities, begun by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the nephew of Pope Paul V (reign 1605–1621). The Villa was built by the architect Flaminio Ponzio, developing sketches by Scipione Borghese himself, who used it as a villa suburbana, a country villa at the edge of Rome. Inside you can find works from Italian heavyweight artists like Caravaggio, Bernini, Raphael and Titian.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Villa Borghese, P.zzale del Museo Borghese, 00155 Rome Italy
Discover the Gallery inside and the elegant gardens that surround it
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Piazzale Scipione Borghese, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.