Borghese Gallery Private Tour Explore the Masterpieces by Bernini Caravaggio and Raphael
Enjoy the personal attention of a private guide on this 3-hour tour of the Borghese Gallery. View masterpieces by Caravaggio, Raphael, Bernini and much more.
Borghese Gallery is an art gallery housed in the former Villa Borghese Pinciana. At the outset, the gallery building was integrated with its gardens. The Villa Borghese gardens are considered a tourist attraction. The Galleria Borghese houses a substantial part of the Borghese collection of paintings, sculpture and antiquities, begun by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the nephew of Pope Paul V (reign 1605–1621). The Villa was built by the architect Flaminio Ponzio, developing sketches by Scipione Borghese himself, who used it as a villa suburbana, a country villa at the edge of Rome.
Scipione Borghese was an early patron of Bernini and an avid collector of works by Caravaggio, who is well represented in the collection by his Boy with a Basket of Fruit, St Jerome Writing, Sick Bacchus and others.
per adult from
What's included :
- SMS with the Tour exact start time
- Borghese Gallery Collections Private Tour
- Professional guide
- Skip The Line Tickets
- Customized Email with the Tour Start Time
- Entry/Admission - Galleria Borghese
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria Borghese, Piazzale del Museo Borghese 5, 00197 Rome Italy
The Villa Borghese, the splendid small palace that hosts the Borghese Gallery, was built at the beginning of the 17th century as a private residence of the Borghese family. From the very beginning it housed the collection of Cardinal Scipio (1579-1633), nephew of Pope Paul V (a Borghese). In 1902, the Italian State purchased the rest of the collection and the palace.
Currently, the collection consists of sculptures, bas-reliefs, ancient mosaics, 16th-17th century paintings, and sculptures. They include masterpieces by Antonello da Messina, Giovanni Bellini, Perugino, Pinturicchio, Veronese, Raphael (Deposition), Domenichino (Diana's Hunt), Titian (Sacred and Profane Love, Venus Blindfolding Love), Correggio (Danae), Caravaggio (Youth with a Fruit Basket, The Madonna of the Footmen, David with Goliath's Head), Rubens (Pietà), and magnificent sculptures by Gian Lorenzo Bernini (Apollo and Daphne, The Rape of Proserpina, David) and Canova (Paolina Borghese).
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Villa Borghese, P.zzale del Museo Borghese, 00155 Rome Italy
Departure Point :Viale del Museo Borghese, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is formal
- Minimum 2 adults required to book
- Your Guide will be waiting for you holding a Sign with the name of our company TOURS OF ROME in the Meeting point.
- Please remember that you will need to check for free your hand-back or pack back in the Museum check Room before starting the tour and take it back at the end of the tour.
- We highly recommend to have an on the road cell phone to be easy to contact us and to contact you if necessary
- For a quick response you can use iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber for texting us
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.