Borjomi-Uplistsikhe-Mtskheta / Full Day Private Tour / Trending Georgia
Though Georgia's ancient towns and mountain vistas draw visitors from across the globe, renting a car and getting around can be a real hassle. Travel in comfort on this guided tour to three of the country's lovely, ancient towns: Gori, Uflistsikhe, and Borjomi. Learn about Georgian history from your guide, stop by the Stalin Museum (at your own expense), and visit a town once on the Silk Road trade route. End your day with convenient travel back to Tbilisi.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Jvari Church
- Entry/Admission - Uplistsiche Cave Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mtskheta, Georgia
Mtskheta was the ancient capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom from the Third Century BCE to Fifth Century CE. It was also the location where Christianity was proclaimed as the kingdom’s official religion and continues to function as the headquarters of the Georgian Orthodox Church. The city is very small and is just a 20 minute drive from the capital of Tbilisi. The historic churches of Mtskheta are outstanding examples of medieval religious architecture in the Caucasus. They show the high artistic and cultural level attained by this ancient kingdom. "Historical Monuments of Mtskheta" became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Translated as “The Monastery of the Cross”, Jvari is a 6th Century Monastery that is, coincidentally, in the shape of a cross. It is located on a mountaintop with a great view of the meeting between the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers as well as the entire city of Mtkskheta. Jvari Monastery is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, along with other historic structures in Mtshketa. Jvari is the perfect place for those looking to travel back in time and enjoy the architecture of the Middle Ages.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
Uplistsikhe literally, "the lord's fortress" is an ancient rock-hewn town in eastern Georgia, Built on a high rocky left bank of the Mtkvari River, it contains various structures dating from the Early Iron Age to the Late Middle Ages, and is notable for the unique combination of various styles of rock-cut cultures from Anatolia and Iran, as well as the co-existence of pagan and Christian architecture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Borjomi, Borjomi, Samtskhe-Javakheti Region
Borjomi is a resort town in south-central Georgia . It is one of the districts of the Samtskhe-Javakheti region. The town is noted for its mineral waterindustry (which is the number one export of Georgia), the Romanov summer palace in Likani, and the World Wide Fund for Nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Freedom Square, T'bilisi, Georgia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Due to challenges caused by coronavirus ( covid-19), we are providing our customers with extra support and resources.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.