Boston Shore Excursion: Boston Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
After your cruise ship docks in Boston, spend your time seeing the city's top attractions on a hop-on hop-off trolley tour! Explore Boston at your leisure, which allows you to create your own itinerary and see the most popular sites of Boston at your own pace. Board the trolley within a short walk from the cruise port, and enjoy a day of visiting Boston’s famous landmarks and must-see sights.
per adult from
What's included :
- Trolley tour
- Narration by professional tour conductor
- $7.50 off Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum ticket
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature
- Food and drinks
- Tour does not operate on Patriot's Day (4/20), Thanksgiving (11/26) or Christmas Day (12/25).
Boston Hop On Hop Off Tour
Route Duration: 2 hoursStops on the Boston Hop On Hop Off Tour:
Attractions on the Boston Hop On Hop Off Tour:
- 200 Atlantic Ave - Stop #1: Faneuil Hall. Stop #1 is our primary staging and ticketing area, located at 200 Atlantic Avenue, directly on the end of the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel. Stop # 1 is also directly across the street from Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and immediately next door to Christopher Columbus Park.
- 561 Commercial Street - Stop #2: Historic North End. Stop #2 is at 561 Commercial Street, in front of the Steriti Ice Rink. Stand at the bus stop located at the corner of Commercial Street and Hull Street. It is located about two blocks east from the Charlestown Bridge.
- 4 Constellation Wharf - Stop #3: USS Constitution and Museum. Stop #3 is located directly in front of Gate #1 at the Charlestown Navy Yard. The driveway and Gate #1 are just off of Constitution Road, one block down from the cross street of Chelsea Street.
- 135 Causeway St - Stop #4: North Station / TD Garden. Stop #4 is on the Westbound side of Causeway Street at Portal Park in front of the Bobby Orr Statue (hockey player). Diagonally across the street is a restaurant called Tavern on the Square.
- 4 State St - Stop #5: Downtown Crossing / Historic District. Stop #5 is on State Street, directly across from the Old State House Museum. The trolley picks up at the glass bus shelter that's on the brick plaza across the street from the Old State House.
- 350 Main St - Stop #6: Cambridge / MIT / Harvard. Stop #6 is located on the east bound side of Main Street at Ames. The stop is directly across the street from Legal Seafoods. 400 Main Street.
- 70 Charles St - Stop #7: Beacon Hill / Antique Row. Stop #7 is located on Charles Street at the corner of Mount Vernon. The Tatte Bakery and Café is on that corner and a Peet’s Coffee Shop is directly across the street.
- 84 Beacon St - Stop #8: Cheers Bar. The trolley picks up directly in front of Cheers, near the corner of Brimmer.
- 40 Dalton St - Stop #9: Prudential Center / Skywalk Observatory. Stop #9 is located between the Hilton entrance and the USPS mailbox.
- 120 Huntington Ave - Stop #10: Christian Science Plaza / Symphony Hall. Stop #10 is located directly in front of the Colonnade Hotel, at 120 Huntington Avenue, near the corner of West Newton Street. The stop is directly across the street from the Shops at Prudential Center, and diagonally across from the Christian Science Center plaza.
- 110 Huntington Ave - Stop #11: Copley Place Mall. Stop #11 In front of the Marriott Copley Place Hotel. The trolley stops at the traffic light at the exit of the Marriott Copley Place Carriage Way.
- Boylston Street & Clarendon Street - Stop #12: Copley Square / Trinity Church. Stop #12 is on Boylston Street on the north side of Trinity at the bus shelter near the Phillips Brooks Statue.
- Charles Street South & Boylston Street - Stop #13: Trolley Stop Store / Welcome Center. Stop #13 is located at the corner of Charles Street South and Boylston, directly across from the Boston Common, and diagonally across from the Boston Public Garden. The trolley pulls in directly in front of our souvenir shop called The Trolley Stop.
- Beacon Street & Park Street - Stop #14: Beacon Hill / Boston Common. Stop #14 is located at the top of Beacon Hill, directly across from the Massachusetts State House, and on same side of the street as the Boston Common. There is a large outdoor sculpture near the corner of Park Street. The trolley pulls in next to the large granite staircase just before the monument.
- 313 Congress St - Stop #15: Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. Stop #15 is located between the MBTA bus stop signs, directly in front of 313 Congress Street. It is located exactly opposite the Congress Street entrance to the Children Museum.
- 245 Summer St - Stop #16: South Station. Stop #16 is located at the MBTA bus shelter, in front of 245 Summer Street. People arriving in Boston at South Station should be sure they exit South Station on the Summer Street side and walk to their right 75 feet to the MBTA bus shelter at 245 Summer.
- Black Falcon Avenue - Stop #17a: Massport/Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal. Exit the cruise terminal, turn left and go to the end of the parking lot; you'll see a white tent there.
- Boston Fish Pier - Stop #18: Boston Fish Pier. Stop #18 is located in the Seaport District on Seaport Blvd. at the western corner of the entrance to the Boston Fish Pier directly across from D Street.
Faneuil Hall Marketplace / New England Aquarium / Old North Church & Historic Site / Charlestown Navy Yard / Bunker Hill Monument / TD Garden / Boston Massacre Site / Old South Meeting House / Old State House / Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) / Boston Common / Prudential Center / Skywalk Observatory / The Christian Science Plaza / Symphony Hall / Copley Place / Copley Square / Trinity Church / Boston Public Library / Freedom Trail / Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum / Boston Children's Museum / Boston Convention & Exhibition Center / Boston Seaport
Operates: The Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour - named one of the best hop-on, hop-off tours in the world by Forbes - is the easiest way to get around town! Take advantage of discounted admission at area attractions, see the city at your own pace with unlimited rides, and enjoy a flexible route that features 18 stops throughout town. Hop on the Old Town Trolley at any of its stops and take a seat while your engaging guide and narrator regales you with entertaining and educational anecdotes about Boston's past. Get to know Boston's iconic institutions and roam its lively districts, from the waterfront to the Back Bay. Route stops include: • New England Aquarium and Faneuil Hall Marketplace • Historic North End and Little Italy • USS Constitution and Charlestown Navy Yard • Old State House Museum • Cheers "The Original" • Cambridge, MIT, and Harvard Square • Charles Street and Antique Row • Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum • Liberty Wharf Trolleys depart every 30 minutes. Each loop lasts approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :See itinerary
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This excursion is independent of the cruise line; you will be included in our general public tour
- Complete loop takes 1 hour and 45 minutes (with no stops).
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- Pick up is at stop 17a for cruise ship passengers only; if you are not arriving on a cruise ship you will need to board at another stop.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.