Boutique Cooking Class in a 17th Century Tuscan Estate in Chianti
Enjoy an authentic off the beaten cooking class in a 17th century Tuscan estate, in the heart of the Chianti region, only 8 miles away from Florence. You will learn a typical Italian five course menu to also make with your family and friends back home. The property is surrounded by 20 acres of land, cultivated with vines and 600 olive trees; we produce Trebbiano and San Giovese wine, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This property is drenched in history; it was purchased in the 1960s by the Chef's father, the abstract painter Francesco Clemente. The cottage, that used to be his painting studio, was turned into a cooking studio about 10 years ago, and still today, art and food blend together to create a magic atmosphere. After all, food is art, and your host will be happy to help you create your culinary masterpiece with extreme love and passion.
La Quercia Estate has been nominated by Forbes as the top 5 cooking schools and foodie vacations in Italy for 2019!
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group Tour
- Morning tea, coffee, home made cake or pastries
- Lunch with the wine of the estate
- Terracotta bread warmer, customized with the school's logo for keepsake
- All necessary equipment
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- If you are traveling without a car, transportation to/from your accommodation is not included; it can be arranged upon request, at an additional cost
- Immerse yourself in the Tuscan Chianti countryside, and get ready to prepare an Italian five course menu, using the freshest seasonal ingredients available! The cooking class begins at the cooking studio at 10 am; you will be welcomed with a nice cup of tea or coffee and a slice of home made cake or pastries, while you will receive a review of the lesson of the day.
Then get ready to roll up your sleeves, and begin to create a wonderful meal. At 12 pm, you will take a break by sipping a glass of the property wine, before putting the final touches to your creations. At 1.30 pm, you will take your seat and enjoy lunch with the fruits of the labor. The recipes belong to the family tradition, and the ingredients are listed in Italian, so you will also learn a few Italian words that you can take with you when shopping in the local markets. The class includes the wine of the estate, recipes and a terracotta bread warmer customized with the school's logo for keepsake. Transportation to/from your accommodation can be arranged upon request, at an additional cost.
A sample menù can be the following (please kindly note the menu is seasonal, and it varies depending on the availability of the ingredients)
Home Made Focaccia Bread with Sage Leaves from Our Vegetable Garden, to Pair with Local Cheese and Ham
Potato Gnocchi with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Lemon Scented Meat Balls with Parsley
Tuscan Peas Cooked in the Typical Brick Pot
Melt in Mouth Chocolate Cake Dusted with Confectioner's Sugar
Departure Point :Piazza Buondelmonti, 50023 Impruneta FI, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 people required per booking
- Maximum number of guest is 10 people
- Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.