Boyana Church, National Hisotry Museum and Zemen Monastery Private Day Trip
This is a Private Tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private car and a private driver- guide just for you!
Discover 3 UNESCO sites in Bulgaria- the Boyana church, the National Historical Museum and the Zemen monastery. Find out more about the history, the nature and the culture of the country with this one day. tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Presentations at the Boyana Church, the Historical Museum and the Zemen Monastery
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees- combined ticket of 7 euro for the three places
- 5 euro more per person if a guide in Spanish or Italian language is selected- should be paid directly to the guide
- Entry/Admission - Sofia History Museum
- Entry/Admission - Boyana Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sofia History Museum, pl.Banski 1, Sofia 1000 Bulgaria
The tour starts in the morning with a pick up from the place that you are staying. From there you will head to the Vitosha Mountain, the nearest mountain to Sofia, only 20 min drive from the center of the town. There will be your first stop- at the National History Museum. Professional guide will take you around and blend you into the history. The National History Museum is one of the largest and richest historical museums on the Balkan Peninsula. More than 700,000 cultural monuments are preserved inside it, representing the history of the present Bulgarian lands from the period of 8,000 years ago to present days.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Boyana Church, 3 Boyansko Ezero Str., Sofia 1616 Bulgaria
The next stop is the Boyana church, famous for its very well preserved medeival frescoes. It is also in the Vitosha Mountains and it is a great historical spot that it is not like the rest of the churches in Sofia.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zemen Monastery, Zemen 2440 Bulgaria
Lunch break and after that a 1,5h drive to the Southwest part of Bulgaria for thre 3rd UNESCO site. There you will visit St. John the Evangelist Monastery, founded in the 11th century and is located 1 kilometer from the town of Zemen. The monastery complex consists of a church bell tower and two buildings. The most remarkable old building in the monastery is the church and was declared as a cultural monument.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please indicate your hotel or address when making the reservation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.