Brajići Hiking Tour and Monastery Praskvica
Brajići is a village in Budva municipality, close to the Kosmač fortress.
Kosmač is a former fortress in Montenegro, located on the hill of the same name above the village of Brajići, not far from Budva. It is located at an altitude of about 800 m. It was built by the Austrians between 1841 and 1850. The fort served as a border fortification on the Austrian-Montenegrin border.
Monastery Praskvica (1050) is considered representative of the Orthodox architecture of the Balkan Peninsula and is the most famous monastic complex in the Pastrovići area of Budva municipality. The monastery is located in a picturesque olive grove on a mountain in the former fishing village of Čelbrdo, on the outskirts of Miločer, near Pržno and on the popular island of Sveti Stefan.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus from the place of accommodation/stay to the settlement Brajići
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus from end point of the tour to the place of accommodation/stay
- Tourist guide for hiking (English or Russian language)
- Hiking sticks
- Travel health insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brajici, Brajici, Budva Municipality
Trip facts: 9 km, max. altitude: 765 m, weight: medium, availability: all year around depending on weather conditions.
The tour starts from Brajići, by the path to the fortress Kosmač (Austrian fortress from the XIX century). There is a viewpoint and a short break for the sightseeing of the fortress.
Then, slowly we continue to the Hunting lodge, climbing to the old Austrian road, and from there by the straight old Austrian road to Ograđenica, where the Spiridon Monastery is located. From Kosmač to Ograđenica, it is about 2h:30 min walk.
When we arrive, we take a bit longer break.
Then, we descend through the wide macadam road to the Rustovo Monastery. From the Rustovo Monastery we go to the viewpoint at Čelobrdo, from where we descend Jegorov path (the whole time view of St. Stefan and Miločer) near the Praskvica monastery.
Need to bring: comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes. Water, food and good mood for enjoyment!
Note: The tour lasts 5 hours + time for transfer depending on the city of your accommodation.
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat.We pick from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, E65, Kotor, Montenegro
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/13/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Availability: November - June each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.