Bran - Dracula's Castle and Libearty Bear Sanctuary in One Day Tour
Escape the hustle and bustle of Bucharest and spend the day exploring Transylvania during this full-day small-group tour. Head to the city of Zarnesti to visit the Libearty Bear Sanctuary, home to almost 90 rescued brown bears. Then head to Bran Castle, also known as Dracula Castle, to learn about the history and legends of the area before driving past the Carpathian Mountains back to Bucharest.
Children under 5 years old are not allowed, at Bear Sanctuary!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Parking Fees
- Pick up and Drop off
- Personal and luggage insurance
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti, DN 73A km 6 - near the entrance in Zarnesti from Rasnov, Zarnesti 500075 Romania
More than 69 hectares of luxuriant forest with rivers and ponds are now the home of almost 90 brown bears. From 2008 this wild place is occasionally visited but under some strict rules meant to reintegrate the bears in their natural habitat and not to disturb them. Most of the bears in the Sanctuary were rescued from the most miserable and small cages where they were used as a form of entertainment for tourist attractions.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Bran Castle owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as to the myth created around Bram Stocker's Dracula. Surrounded by towers and ramparts, this “pugnacious little fortress”, as Queen Marie called it, is a truly stunning castle, especially against the beautiful background dominated by the Carpathian Mountains. Narrow winding stairways lead through some 60 timber rooms, many connected by underground passages, which house collections of furniture, weapons and armor dating from the 14th to the 19th centuries.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any location in BucharestAirports
- Henri Coandă International Airport, Calea Bucureştilor 224E, Otopeni 075150, Romania
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed at Libearty Bear Sanctuary!
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.