Brasov Old Town Small-Group Walking Tour
Get to know Braşov Old Town on a 2-hour walking tour, with a guide. As you walk between the top Braşov attractions, hear historical facts and stories about this lovely city and learn how it grew and fared in medieval times. Explore picturesque Piata Sfatului Square with its Council Hall and colorful houses; stroll down an intriguing alleyway, said to be the narrowest in Eastern Europe; and see the Black Church, St Nicholas Church and First Romanian School Museum, among other sights. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 10 for a more personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Pick up ONLY from Brasov
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your group in Braşov Old Town for your 2-hour walking tour. Then, before setting out, get a rundown of Braşov’s history from your guide as a curtain raiser to your explorations. Hear about Brasov’s ancient origins and role as an important market town in medieval Transylvania. Each sight on your tour has a tale behind it, so follow your guide around to unravel their secrets.
Admire Piata Sfatului, the pretty main square and once the hub of medieval city life. Take in the pink-and-peach-colored houses and admire the Council House (Casa Sfatului) at the center, with its Trumpeter’s Tower. View some of the towers that were part of Braşov’s medieval fortifications, and walk along cobbled Rope Street (Strada Sforii), a walkway that's said to be the narrowest lane in Eastern Europe. As you stroll, gaze up at the Hollywood-style ‘Brasov’ sign perched in the hills above.
Visit the Black Church (Biserica Neagră), Braşov’s most celebrated landmark and one of Eastern Europe’s most iconic religious monuments. Hear how its name originates from a 17th-century fire that blackened its walls, and go inside (own expense) to admire its interior, with statues, artwork and a 4,000-pipe organ.
Continue to the Şchei district to see St Nicholas Church, a fairy tale Orthodox church that dates back to the 15th century. Gaze at the frescoes and icons inside, and then head to the neighboring First Romanian School Museum, home to Transylvania’s first school.Pay the entrance fee and, accompanied by your guide, explore the old schoolroom with its original desks and collection of antique books.
Stroll through the city to learn a little more about its sights and history, and then end your tour at the start point.
Please note: A minimum of 3 people per booking is required.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Monday most of the sites are closed, including Black Church.
- Black Church is closed on some specific days during the year (religious or administrative purpose - more details on http://www.honterusgemeinde.ro/ro/)
- First Romanian School Museum is opened till 5 pm.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.