Bristol's Brilliant Pubs: A Self-Guided GPS Audio Tour of the Old City
Explore the oldest parts of Bristol with a passionate local city guide who’ll show you the best places to grab a beer and a bite to eat.
On this self-guided GPS audio tour, you’ll walk through the oldest parts of Bristol, explore various markets, relax in a park and pass through the last remaining city gate. You’ll see some fantastic street art including two Banksy's, the cathedral and historic docks. Along the way, you’ll discover how Bristol began, what happened to the city’s castle, why there’s a clock showing two different times and why so many things are being renamed.
You’ll also have an opportunity to stop for a drink in the city's oldest pub. This tour points out a number of traditional pubs that stock locally brewed beer. You get to see a few of Bristol’s breweries too and hear the stories behind them. Whether you've been in Bristol for five minutes or five decades, you'll go away with a smorgasbord of new, independent places to grab a drink and something to eat.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Smartphone and headphones
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castle Park, Castle Street, Bristol England
The tour passes through Castle Park.
Pass By: St Peter's Church, Bishopsworth, Bristol BS13 8JU, UK
The tour passes the St Peter's Church.
Pass By: The Nails, The Old Council House 55 Corn Street, Bristol BS1 1JG England
The tour makes a brief stop outside The Nails.
Pass By: Saint Nicholas Market, The Glass Arcade The Exchange, Bristol BS1 1HT England
The tour stops a block away from Saint Nicholas Market. You'll hear about it and have the opportunity to pause the tour and visit the market.
Pass By: Christmas Steps, off Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 5BS England
The tour passes Bristol's Christmas Steps.
Pass By: The Hatchet Inn, 27 Frogmore St, Bristol BS1 5NA, UK
The tour passes by The Hatchet Inn which is Bristol's oldest pub.
Pass By: Banksy's You Don't Need Planning Permission to Build Castles in the Sky, 99 Lower Lamb St, Bristol BS1 5TL, UK
The tour makes a quick stop next to Banksy's You Don't Need Planning Permission to Build Castles in the Sky.
Pass By: Bristol Cathedral, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TJ England
The tour passes by Bristol Cathedral.
Pass By: College Green, Park Street, Bristol England
The tour passes through the College Green.
Pass By: Bristol City Docks, Bristol England
The tour makes a brief stop at Bristol City Docks.
Pass By: Bristol Old Vic, Theatre Royal King Street, Bristol BS1 4ED England
The tour passes the Bristol Old Vic.
Departure Point :Bella Vista, 2B Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6DT, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/30/2020 - 11/2/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :45 King St, Bristol BS1 4ER, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.