British Museum Egyptian Secrets Tour
Join Dr Chris Elliott, author of 'Egypt in England' on this 2.5 hour small group expert led tour to discover the stories behind the exhibits in the British Museum’s most popular galleries.
From the first Egyptologist, more than three thousand years ago, to our own era; stories of mixed up mummies, fakes, thefts and takeovers, djinni, magic gold, and the afterlife of Ancient Egypt in film, fiction, and art. Hear about the mummy that sank the Titanic, the mystery of the mummy valentine card, death in suspicious circumstances, and the movie star mummy.
On the way, learn how the Rosetta Stone wasn’t really the breakthrough to reading hieroglyphs, and get an introduction to them in less than five minutes.
Expert guide and published author with a PhD in Archaeology.
Small group size – maximum of six people.
Personal attention and customised content.
Two start times – morning and afternoon.
Inclusive souvenir of Egyptian London while stocks last.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- In-person guide
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea - A comfort and refreshment break can be included in the tour, but the cost of any refreshments is additional.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
You’ll start at the Great Court of the British Museum, and visit the Enlightenment Gallery, Egyptian Sculpture Gallery and Galleries of Egyptian Funerary Archaeology, with a refreshment stop along the way, before finishing in the Great Court.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :57 High Holborn, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 3DG, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.